Main Part|『𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 19』𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Chapter 19

~The action of discretion~

{Ares's POV}
"So... Your wife is asking you to marry another woman?" Emilio asked in amusement, clapping his hands like a five-year-old kid. "Yeah, isn't that great?" I asked ironically, not in the mood to even talk anymore. This was driving me crazy, it's been a year and I haven't made my decision yet. But by the way my kids are acting out, it seems that they need a motherly figure, the nannies don't do it for them anymore, not that I would ever say that the little vixen is good mother material, but she'll learn..

"I am too tired to think, man." I groaned out, sliding in my sit after grabbing my glass of whiskey. "We need to handle this right after we bring the woman here. Because we are, your wife wanted her here, and you need to trust her judgment." Brian spoke up now, analyzing the latter and reading it over and over again. "It will be chaos if that woman comes in this house, Brian. You know Matthew, he thinks that I killed his mother, if I bring another woman and marry her, then we'd have everything set up for him." I spoke up once more, and this time Brian went silent for a moment.

"You need to do this, Ares, if not, these kids, and especially the almost one-year-old girl will grow up without a female figure around her." Brian was right, but I don't want to bring another woman into my house, in my wife's house. That vixen took everything from me, the love that I thought I had for my wife now had turned into remorse and guilt, and I couldn't bear it.

The past year was a mess, drugs, alcohol, women, abuse, blood, and fear. What were the words that could describe my life now? I feel as if my monsters have returned ten times stronger after Amelia died, but the worst is that in my mind is always that little vixen's face. No! Enough pondering about that little bitch, if Amelia wants her here, then okay. But I don't promise I won't make her life hell. "Fine," I spoke out loud, making everyone turn their heads in shock and suspicion. "I will bring her here and tell her about the letter, then marry her, how does that sound?" Brian was in deep thought again, and I knew he was already contemplating how to make the poor woman's life easier. "What if she doesn't want to marry you?" Nolan asked, making Martin and myself laugh, "Do you think I will be giving her a choice?" I wouldn't, and they all knew that. "Can we talk about business now?" the four of them nodded.

"So..." Martin started, "You remember what happened that night when your wife gave birth to Bronze. The Russians were the ones that were behind that night and also when your wife was abducted. And that, we already know." Emilio continued now, "The problem is, that we can't find their Don anywhere, we only know that his daughter is running the game now."

"So what you are saying is that the woman decided to abduct my wife?"

"No. That is the problem, we think that there is someone else behind them, the past year they made too much trouble that they wouldn't be able to rise by themselves." Emilio continued. "So someone is manipulating them?" Brian asked suspiciously, "Or maybe they make it seem that way." Nolan added, "We can't be sure, the only thing we can do is continue with Brian's plan." Martin added nodding. "It has been a year since you planted that third-ranked female assassin on the Russians. Brian, why am I not seeing any progress?" I questioned sternly which made him scoff, "The girl is doing just fine. Did you think they'd let her in just because she asked them? I think you need to stop with the alcohol, it eats your braincells man." Brian scoffed annoyed. "Maybe." I nodded, "So." Emilio started, "Tonight is the gathering of all mafia Dons and we all need to be there for your support, our wives will be with us, your sibling will come along and we need to make sure to watch everyone's move, I already installed bugs and CCTVS everywhere, we will know everything going on."