Chapter 23

Chapter 23 Of Colorless: The ' L' Word

Song ~ Banks - Waiting Game( Taylor Marie Cover )

I'm sorry that I haven't been updating. But I was writing each chapter little by little everyday when I could, so look for a lot of updates this week! :)

*~•~*

I pulled away first, to look deep into those stormy grey/green orbs that I found mesmerizing. My thumbs gently traced his flawless jawline as my hands cupped his face. The fire was sparked once again and this time it hummed gently and soothingly as we both stared at each other.

Time seemed to slow to a halt and the world around us faded into nothing. It was just him and I, wrapped in our comfortable embrace. I hadn't realized what I was doing, or what I was saying but I didn't care enough to catch myself before I said it.

" I love you, Noah."

And just like that, the town around us had appeared again and it became a slightly uncomfortable silence. Reality didn't set in until after a few minutes for I was still floating on what seemed to be cloud 9.

" Why? "

My natural high feeling was cut short as my smile disappeared from my lips. I wasn't expectant in such a confused question from him; I expected what I gave in return.

" What do you mean why? " I questioned.

" You don't know me, you don't know anything about me. How could you love a stranger, how can you love so easily?." His eyes had visibly darkened and his voice was deep with seductive silent rage. His face was no longer gentle, now it was masked and cold as stone. I didn't understand why he reacted the way he did when just five minutes ago he acted as if he couldn't keep his hands off me.

" You shouldn't give your heart to someone so easily, Eryn. That's how you get hurt. " He avoided my questioning gaze as he gently raised me up from his lap and settled me back into the passenger seat; a scowl making it's way across his handsome face.

I felt a little hurt by it, but I wouldn't let it show. He doesn't have to say it back, everyone has their reasons. I just wanted him to know that I love him and he'll always have a permanent place in my heart.

" I just wanted you to know that I lov-"

" STOP! You don't love me, you may say you do but deep down we both know you're just going to walk away from me like everyone else in my life!! " He roared at me with such an expression, I couldn't keep my tears at bay. The way his fist pounded on the steering wheel and the way his face contorted into something a child would fear and have nightmares about; my veins ran cold. He had never yelled at me like this; most of the time we were always joking around. Seeing him change from someone so caring and gentle to a raging monster was bewildering.

" You don't know me. " He sighed as he ran a hand stressfully through his messy hair. " You just don't know me at all. "

" But I want to know you, I already love you. Why aren't you letting me in? " I tried to make my voice sound strong and full of determination but it only came out hoarse and cracked as I wiped my tears away.

" NO! YOU DON'T GET IT! I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE THESE FEELINGS FOR YOU! I'll only end up hurting or worse... Killing you. " My heart had stopped as I flinched away from him. I looked at him through blurry eyes and frowned. I didn't mean to set him off like that, I didn't even know what I said that had triggered it. I just wanted to know him more and hopefully form a relationship.

I was confused at his words. What did he mean that he might end up hurting me or worse -- killing me? I now felt fear creep up inside me as I tried not to think of him in such a monstrous state.

" So let's pretend that this never happened." He stated simply as he avoided my gaze and started back driving once again. To say I was hurt was an understatement. How could I pretend not to fall in love with him every time he smiled or he did that cheesy smirk I've grown to love? How could I just pretend that we were not on the same page as I thought we were? How can I just drop my feelings for him by the snap of his fingers?

I cried silently to myself as I pushed myself up against the door as far as I could to give him the space he needed. But it seemed like it wasn't enough as the air only grew thick with tension; it was suffocating.

Without another word, we rode in silence with frown's on our faces. There goes my love; the first time I say it and actually mean it... It just goes swirling down the drain.

~

Brian ( Detective Brian ) POV

" I've got a lead! " Josh, my colleague and also my best friend shouted aloud. I sighed before turning to look at him, he's been saying he has a lead for the past two hours and they have all end up being failures.

" Josh, are you sure you have a correct lead? Are you one hundred percent positive that this is it." I was more than ready to be done with this case; to catch this kid that's been on the loose for way too long.

His birth name is Dominic Callaghan and he's known for doing bad. He's been charged with fifteen premeditated murder charges, robbery, many charges of battery and so on. He's been jumping from state to state; changing his identity. At first I thought it was strange that in almost every state there'd be five or more murders. But then I got this idea.

Dominic's mother; Kasia Callaghan was the daughter of the well known godfather of New York. Her father went by the name of Johnny Bravo just to keep his identity safe from any secret spies for the FBI. His mob was known for their victorious and flawless work for drug smuggling and numerous illegal things. The police force has been on this case for 15 long dreadful years and have gotten no where so far.

I heard from the chief that Kasia had a son with her father's rival; Alex colmeshio's son. Having a kid with her archnemisis, her father wouldn't allow such disgrace to get around to everyone in town; so he set out some of his men to kill her and the baby.

Kasia was on the run for four years; moving to a different state every year just to make sure she and her son weren't being followed. But unfortunately, they caught her one day and killed her all the while her son was with a best friend of hers celebrating his fourth birthday-- waiting on his mother to arrive with the present she promised him.

But she never came to anymore of his birthdays and he spent them in foster care with other orphan kids. He grew up to hate himself; thinking he caused her death and now he seeks revenge to take down the whole entire mob; even his father and grandfather; his blood.

I feel sorry for him but the things he has done can't go unnoticed. If I wasn't in the police force; I'd say hell yeah to revenge but then again; some justice has to serve both sides.

" He has enrolled in some college in Florida. But that's all I got for now." Josh shrugged as he pushed his glasses back up to his tired eyes. I nodded in approval and rubbed my temples. I couldn't wait to go home to my beautiful wife, I was tired a dog.

" Alright, thanks Josh. Take the night off, you need it." I dismissed. He gave me a ' are you sure? ' look but I nodded and smiled. I'm glad me and him are working on this case; we've gotten farther than any other group that has this case too.

" Thanks B. Tell Ashley I said hello, and congrats again on the baby." Josh said as he threw on his coat and packed up his papers.

" Okay, I will. Tell Karen and the kids I said hello and that I'll be stopping by for a piece of that famous tuna casserole she makes." I laughed as I waved goodbye to Josh as he neared the exit. He laughed and shook his head before giving a final wave and going out the door.

Now that I have a lead on this Callaghan kid, I'll be making it home very late tonight. I just hope Ashley's alright by herself, boy do I hate leaving her by herself knowing she's very pregnant with my kid.