Chapter 46: Should We?

The scenes finally ended and everywhere was silent in the white void. Only Anthanasia and Anastacius remained, the scenes had ended.

The void began to diminish and Anthanasia was back in her room with Anastacius standing before her, his expression pleading with her.

"After the flash of white light appeared, the whole world was destroyed. I don't know how I came back to the past, with my memories still intact, but I think the black magician had casted a spell.

Anyways I'm not sure. But I do know all of that happened and is supposed to happen however I was somehow rid of Aertinatis' possession and now I'm free to think for myself"

Anthanasia was silent for sometime as she tried to absorb everything she had seen and heard. So the whole life she had been living was just a novel?

How was that possible? Strangely, it made sense to her and finally gave her an explanation of why everything happened.

Finally she spoke up.

"If you're no longer possessed by Aertinatis, how are you still alive?"

Anastacius gave a small smile before replying to Anthanasia.

"As you saw and already know, Jennette is my daughter; biologically and magically. You may wonder what do I mean by magically?

Penelope had died after giving birth to Jennette. The baby was going to die with her, only little life had remained within Jennette.

With the forbidden art of black magic I had learnt, I used some of my life force to revive her. Thus Jennette was birthed with my black magic, a part of my life force.

As long as Jennette is alive, I shall aslo live. If she dies, I die too. So I am determined to protect her"

Anastacius explained everything to Anthanasia, and she nodded as a reply.

'I was getting ahead of myself, thinking that things can be peaceful from now on'

Finally Anastacius said something unexpected.

"I know that Claude is still alive. My guess is that he's been unconscious for a long time. I can wake him up"

Being startled, Anthanasia looked up at Anastacius with lots of doubt. She then had a look of determination appear on her face.

"We'll continue discussing tomorrow afternoon. There are some things I need to be sure of first"

"Of course"

Anastacius stood up and went towards the window and climbed down, vanishing immediately after that.

Anthanasia stood at her balcony and stared at the sky. The crescent moon shining amongst the stars.

Her fists were clenched as she held the railings.

'My future isn't set in stone. No matter what troubles come. I will never die!'

>>>>>
The moment the sun rose and dawn arrived, Anthanasia took a bath, got dressed and went to Jennette in the Emerald Palace.

Jennette who had just woken up, got to her door and opened since the maids hadn't arrived yet.

She rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand as she greeted Anthanasia.

"Good morning sister"

"Morning. Can I come in?"

"Of course!"

Jennette stepped away from the door and made space for Anthanasia to enter into the room.

She closed the door behind Anthanasia and gestured towards a chair opposite to her bed.

Anthanasia proceeded to sit on the chair and Jennette sat down on her bed.

After gathering her thoughts, Anthanasia gently spoke up.

"Jennette, do you remember everything we saw in the vision at the topaz palace?"

"Yes...

The room was silent as each of the two princess' recalled the vision of Jennette’s birth story and the discovery that Jennette was only Anthanasia's cousin and not the daughter of Emperor Claude.

Anthanasia conveyed everything that Anastacius had told her. She explained to Jennette the vision of the' Lovely Princess' he had showed her.

"Anastacius has suddenly come back to life due to some extraordinary events.
In the past he would have posed a threat to us but now he seems good and sincere. Plus he is your father. I don't know...should we trust him?"

Jennette listened to everything Anthanasia said and found it very hard to believe. But it all began to make sense.

"I... don't know"

"Neither do I"

The two princess' began to contemplate, whether or not they should trust Anastacius to heal and awaken the Emperor who had been unconscious for five months now.

A knock interrupted their meeting. Upon giving permission to enter, a maid came in with news of a visitor.

"Your Highness, Anthanasia. The young lord of Alpheus has been at the palace early in the morning and urgently seeks your presence"

'Ijekiel's here? He left yesterday and said he might not be able to come to the palace throughout the week. I wonder what happened'

Anthanasia gave Jennette a look which meant that they'd continue their discussion after she was done.

She then stood up and went to her parlor, were Ijekiel was waiting for her.

Upon seeing her, Ijekiel greeted her. His clothes looked ruffled as if he had hurriedly dressed up.

"I apologize for the sudden visit, Your Highness but I urgently need your help. There's something wrong with my father"