Chapter 14: Are you alright? like really?

For some reason I woke up in my bed feeling off, I was alone. The whole time I was in the shower I felt weird, just not normal. I felt a shot of sadness hit my mind as soon as I stepped out of the steamy shower. I knew what it was. I ran to the calendar and looked at the date, 14th of August, my mother had died ten years ago on this exact date. The whole mission I could only think about my mother, I missed her so much. The warm hugs she gave, the tender words she said, the happiness she radiated.

I guess all the stress and sadness inside of me caused me to ignore everyone, not even on purpose. It might be selfish but I was only thinking about my mother no one else. I sat the sidelines of the volleyball game, my face in my hands. I didn't realize how long I was there for because the sun started to set and people left, I felt someone beside me.
"Hey! Amy?" Rooster said looking straight at me, I didn't answer. He took his finger and moved my head to look at him,
"Sorry love" I tried to smile but my frown overtook it.
"Honey? What's wrong? You seem off."
I don't know whether it was the look he gave me or the sorrowful thoughts circling my head but i burst out crying. He opened his arms and cradled me in them, keeping my head in-between his head and his shoulders.
"I remember now, it's alright I've got you" he kissed my head still hugging me.