"So, what are you guys doing?" Lucy asked excitedly , moving forward to look at his canvas.

"Oh my god." she let out a loud gasp of surprise, finally catching the little girl's attention.

"What? What?" Brie asked curiously, hopping off the table and looking at her mother expectantly.

"Oh my god, Brie." she continued with exaggerated surprise, "Come look at this!"

She ran to her mother excitedly, extremely curious to find out the object of her mother's talking and skidded to halt next to as her mother gushed at the painting before them.

"Is this you, sweetie?"

She let out a sequel of happiness, literally jumping in her place as she looked at a painting of herself dressed as Elsa from Frozen standing beside a huge ice castle.

"You made it!" Brie skipped to Niklaus, still jumping in happiness. "Thank you! Thank you so much!"

He chuckled softly to himself, crouching down to her level, "Well, how could I deny any of your wishes, little one?"

An involuntary smile crept up the little girl's face and she skipped back to gush at the painting as Lucy reached Niklaus' side.

"Oh, I see," Lucy began in a serious voice, although it held a hint of amusement, "this is quite the way of making yourself her favourite. Nice, nice, keep going."

"Ooh, jealous much." he smirked at her.

"Very much. I'm her favourite."

"Well, get ready to lose your position then."

"Haha. We'll see."

"Okay, listen, do you mind if I give this painting to the Winter Wonderland?" he asked, changing the topic.

"Oh, no. No, it's fine. I think it'll be okay. She loves the painting, I think she'll be fine with it. Lemme ask her."

"Hey, sweetie?" she called out, making Brie turn to her. "Do you mind if this painting goes to a big exhibition?"

"Really?" her eyes widened in disbelief.

"Mmhm."

"Yess!"

"It's final then." Nik flashed her a smile, giving two thumbs ups.

"Can we go see it, pleaseee?" Brie pouted at her mother, trying to convince her knowing very well how her outings had been cutted short since they came to this town.

"We can all go together?" Niklaus suggested as Lucy shrugged in a that's-okay way.

"Yay!"

The little girl rejoiced in happiness, making him turn to Lucy and whisper a very smug "Favourite."

"Hmph. You wish." she snorted. "I'm her favourite."

"Looks like quite a gathering, doesn't it?" a newer voice surprised them as the pair turned to see Stefan standing by the doorway, his expression surprisingly neutral.

Lucy, all too aware of the situation, took a subtle step away from Niklaus, trying to put a respectable distance between them.

"Hi, Stefano." Lucy passed him a strained smile, feeling somewhat guilty for doing exactly the opposite of what he had said. And maybe, in his eyes, conspiring with the.... enemy?

Stefan's name caught Brie's attention as she snapped her head towards the adults, and a sequel of happiness left her mouth on seeing her favourite uncle standing there.

"Uncle Stefan!" she exclaimed happily, skidding to a halt in front of the said person momentarily before he picked her up with a joyous laugh, and twirled her once eliciting in a giggle from her.