17

*This song is perfect for this chapter ;)*

It was the day of the party at the Hard Deck. The party that would celebrate those that managed to come back from the mission. And the day where Flynn would find out if Rooster and Hangman had made it back. 

Flynn had applied a light amount of make up and let her hair go wavy. She put on the white summer dress that Penny had gotten her and paired it with her black and white converse. 

"Rooster is a lucky man," Penny said from behind her, causing Flynn to turn around. 

Flynn nodded, nerves clearly getting to her. She had never worried about someone as much as she had him. Not knowing whether he was going to come back to her or not was killing her inside. 

"He's going to be there," Penny tried to reassure her. 

"I hope so. Because I don't know what I'll do if he's not" 

Both of them finished getting ready before heading to the Hard Deck to start preparing for the aviators coming. The two made small talk as they decorated the bar, both of them terrified that they weren't going to see the men they adored. Time felt like it had slowed as they waited and waited for everyone to arrive. 

The bar was gradually filling up, but none of the group that had gone on the mission had arrived yet. Flynn was on edge, every time the door opened she quickly looked to see if Rooster had come through but it was never him. As the afternoon turned into evening, she got more and more worried. Aviators were coming into the bar but they weren't. 

Flynn was now fearing the worst, the group were nowhere to be seen and it was now well into the evening. She was slowly losing hope until... 

"Let's get this party started!" Payback shouted as he and the others came through the door, cheers filling the bar. 

Flynn's head quickly turned to look at the door, the group were coming in one by one. Hangman walked through the door, a sigh of relief left her. That was one. But where was Rooster? Flynn panicked when the whole group had entered but Rooster hadn't.

But then a few seconds later, there he was. Rooster walked through the doors of the Hard Deck wearing his Hawaiian shirt, blue jeans and a white tank. He was home, he had made it back to her. 

"Go get your man," Penny nudged her.  

Flynn didn't need to be told twice, she rushed from behind the bar and squeezed passed everyone in the way to get to him. Rooster was frantically looking for her, trying to look passed everyone to see if he could spot her. And then there she was. She had popped out between a group of aviators, looking as beautiful as ever. Flynn didn't waste a second longer, she ran over to him and jumped straight into his arms. Rooster picked her up, wrapping his arms around her as tightly as he could, never wanting to let her go. Her head was nuzzled in-between his neck and shoulder as she cried with relief. 

"It's okay baby I've got you, I've got you," Rooster hushed as he kissed her head. 

Rooster eventually put her down, wanting to see her beautiful face again that he had missed so dearly. 

"I thought I lost you," she sobbed. 

"You haven't, I'm right here," he smiled, wiping away her tears with his thumb as his palm rested against her cheek. 

She leant into his touch, never wanting to leave it. In that moment, she didn't care who was watching, she wrapped her hands around his neck and stood on her tiptoes to place a kiss on his lips. Rooster's arms sneaked around her waist and pulled her closer to him and he kissed her back, not aware of the heartbroken Hangman who was left watching. But he had no one to blame but himself, he knew that. 

Flynn eventually pulled away, going over to the others and giving them hugs. All over the moon that they had all made it home safely. And then it came to Hangman.

"He saved my life," Rooster said from behind her. 

Rooster hated Hangman for the pain he had caused Flynn but he was also grateful because he was the one who brought him back to her. 

"If it wasn't for Hangman, me and Mav would be dead" 

A tear escaped Flynn's eye as she looked at the pilot in front of her. She found herself stepping towards him and wrapping her arms around him too. He pulled her close knowing this was probably the last time that he would ever get to touch her like this. 

"Thank you for bringing him back to me, Jake," she smiled lightly as she pulled away, his heart breaking as she called him by his first name.

Hangman gave her a small nod, knowing if he tried talking to her she would see how vulnerable he was in that moment. No matter what the situation, Hangman would never let anyone see him in a vulnerable state so as soon as he acknowledged what she said he quickly excused himself and walked away from her. 

"Ready for a drink?" Rooster asked. 

"Of course" 

Rooster put his arm around her shoulders as they headed over to the bar. 

"Great to see you back Rooster, what can I get you both?" Penny questioned, a smile on her face. 

"Trust me it's very good to be back," he chuckled, "I'll have a Budweiser and whatever the lady wants" 

"I'll have the same" 

"Two Budweisers coming right up!"

Penny got the two beers out of the fridge before placing them in front of the two of them. Rooster tried giving her his card to open a tab but she wouldn't allow it. 

"It's on me, don't worry about it," Penny insisted. 

Rooster and Flynn thanked her before they went to sit at a table that wasn't occupied so they could have a little time together alone before the others joined them. 

"Did you get the letter?" Rooster asked her as he took a sip from his bottle, their hands touching at the top of the table. 

"I did. And the camera. Rooster you really didn't have to do that"

"I wanted to. If my mom met you she would have told me to give it to you. And she would have probably told me that I'm an idiot for how I've dealt with us and not making you mine," he told her making her laugh. 

"She sounds like she had the perfect amount of sense" 

"Oh she did. She really did," Rooster smiled at the thought of her. 

"God you have no idea how worried I've been. The later it got today when people were coming in and you weren't there I thought..." 

"Don't. Don't finish that sentence," Rooster cut her off, shaking his head, "I'm here. And I'm never letting you go"