14

"So," Penny began when her niece came downstairs.

"So," Flynn repeated.

"Are you two like a thing now or?"

"I'm sorry I didn't know you'd be back early," she quickly apologised.

"That still doesn't answer my question.

"I don't know," Flynn sighed, "This mission they're going on, Jake doesn't know..."

"If they'll come back?" Penny finished her sentence for her.

"Yeah"

"Yeah. Pete told me. Flynn, Hangman was called to Top Gun because he was one of the best. He'll come back"

"You don't know that"

"You're right, I don't. But I do know that he's one of the best pilots out there"

Flynn nodded.

"I came back to ask you if you'd be okay with helping me out at the bar. It's the last night the aviators have before going on the mission so it's going to be busy"

"Yeah, of course. I'll go get changed"

"Thank you," Penny smiled.

Flynn got changed into some denim shorts and a tank top before putting on her sneakers.

"Ready to go?"

"Yep"

The two of them headed to the Hard Deck where they took over the bar from one of the other employees who was due to finish their shift. The bar was filling up quickly as expected, Flynn being rushed off of her feet serving as many people as possible. After about two hours of non stop serving, she saw some of the aviators she had been working with enter the bar, much to her dismay Rooster included. However, Hangman was nowhere to be seen.

"Flynn, great to see you!" Phoenix exclaimed.

"Great to see you too. What can I get you?"

"I need 5 beers please"

"Coming right up"

Flynn got Phoenix five bottles of Budweiser and placed them in front of her as she handed her the money for them. Phoenix was just about to take the drinks over to the others but Flynn called her name.

"Hey Phoenix!"

"Yeah?" She questioned turning around.

"Is Hangman not with you?"

"He's on his way, he shouldn't be long," Phoenix smiled before heading to the others.

"You can have a break if you like," Penny offered, "I can deal with this for 10"

"Are you sure?"

"Of course"

"Thank you"

Flynn made her way from behind the bar, and sneaking out of the back so the others wouldn't notice, but one had. She walked out of the bar and down the sand where she sat on the top of one of the small sand dunes that looked over the sea. Flynn had always loved living on the coast, she could listen to the sea all day. She often found peace in it when she got kicked out of the house by her mother.