Valentino's Situational Problem

(Angel's POV)

It's been 3 whole months since the Overlord of Damnation appeared in my apartment complex. 3 entire months since one of Valentino's lap dogs was incinerated by his Hellfire stare, his aptly named Vision of Pentence. Valentino's security has risen tremendously as he is deathly afraid of the so-called Dark Messiah. I don't mind it all that much, the bastard can burn in double hell for all I care. I am currently playing video games with my best friend Cherri Bomb in her apartment, an Overlord herself, even if she dislikes the title. She is one of my best friends who enjoys the Chaos of Hell's destruction in turf wars as much as I do. We are currently playing a game which is Ironic to play as we are in hell, but it's a fun game Cherri loves to play, Doom 2016. And I can see why, the destroying of the Demons of Doom is fun as hell and the weapons are insane to play with. I lay on the couch while having my head on her lap with my eyes closed.

"So Angie," Cherri says as she barrels through Barron's of hell like a badass she is. "What do you think of the Overlord of Damnation. I mean he did kill one of Valentino's lackeys, in your apartment no less., and even healed those scars you gotten."

"He's just a douche who kills even worst douches in hell," I scoff at the question Cherri asked me. I mean it's the truth, but in all honesty, it startles even me sometimes. What he said to me those 3 months ago still rang in my head.

"Innocent."

I am not innocent by any means, hell I'm a damn pornstar and prostitute who does drugs that are literally my stage name. How am I innocent at all?

"Yeah I get that, but you seen him up close and personal," Cherri stated after killing a Cyberdemon. "Take that you bastard of a daddy's abomination! I mean he even healed you. Doesn't that peak your interest a bit?"

"Bleh, who cares, not like I'm going to see those beautiful deep violet eyes I fell into a trance with." I say out loud before widening my eyes. Cherri looks down at me with a smirk as she turns off her game.

"Oooh looks like someone fell for the Demon who hates Demons~" Cherri said with a smirk on her face. I just blush as I grip onto a pillow with one of my many hands and throw it at her face. Cherri just laughs it off as I hide my face with the armrest of the couch.

"Look at me, a fucking pornstar and prostitute,, being a blushing mess over a guy who could kill me with a look, literally." I say with a groan. Cherri just continues laughing at my condition. Just when can life get any more worse.

* BRIIING! *

Speak and, like the devil, life will hit you in the backside. I grab my phone from my pocket and look at the contact name. 'Boss'. I groan as I answer the phone.

"Valentino baby, what is popping up downtown?" I say with a upbeat tone, Cherri looks at me with worry as soon as she heard Valentino's name be uttered. "Mhm... wait Firefly canceled?!... You need me to fill her spot? Why not High Octane?... d(Dolla Shiv?... Gertrude?... okay yeah makes sense on that last one. Damn, and and on my day off too, I'll be there soon Val... bye."

I throw the phone to my side with my arm laying limp.

"You know you can get other jobs right?" Cherri asks me with worry and concern in her voice. "You don't have to work for him you know, take it up with someone more powerful."

I shrug my shoulders as I get up from the couch. "Eh, pays the bills you know." I grab my purse as I start walking out.

"Hey," I turn to see Cherri looking at me with a small smile. "If Overlord Damnation finds you walking to the club, bring him with you."

You know, I love her and everything, being my bestie, and being a destructive overlord herself, she can be a total cupid shipper if she wishes. I smile and give her a fist bump before walking outside her apartment. I take in the cold air as I start my walk to the strip club.