11~ Tug of hearts

Start from the beginning

" I belive it is a bit of both yes, the script came to me as it would otherwise but I can say most of my decision was influenced by that very fact as you mentioned, I had been exploring the otherwise untouched commercial genre for my past two movies and for my next one I looked for a refreshing concept. I mean we are artist at the end of the day and we value growing and for me that has been the prime base of most of my decisions related to the quality of flims I choose to associate with.

Plus with such amazing bunch of people working on a project together cast and crew and such a great story line, only a fool would let this pass and I think you do believe that I do just fine being sane, dont you?"

The press conferrence that followed the announcment was on a full sledge suprisingly most questions this time were concerned with the project and not a desperate attempt at getting a sniff at my personal life in any way.

"Manik, the industry hasn't been quite so unaware about your years long tiff with Cabir Dhawan. There were also rumours floating around about how you getting your roots stronger in the commercial genre has much to do with Cabir being an almost face of that genre for all of bollywood, was it in any way a intended to take a dig at him?"

Just when I thought we were witnessing a revolution!

The reporter was keen on getting his content a tag line for his next article, controversial enough to grab the most clicks. Fortunately or unfortunately our one-on-one had been quite into the news at different points serving a topic for gossips to various mouths in and outside the industry.

" I think I will just let my work speak for itself while I dont mean to snatch nobody's work, I am just doing mine better and if somebody got a problem with that then it is only THEIRS to deal with. I would appreciate if we could keep the conversation to the movie only, about gossips so I am up for a 'chai pe charcha' (gossips on tea) any day of the week"

The intrusion of ones life that comes with fame is lethargic and when you chose a profession like this you come fully aware of it, while a part of you could hate this from the very gut but you know there's only so much to complain because if you have to stay relevant over time than you better up your game, so you are just told to suck it up.

Although sometimes, it becomes absolutely necessary to mark the boundaries personal or professional and it is better done the right way.

What then followed was series of questions about the movie for the next two hours.

I checked my ce excusing myself from a bunch production dudes discussing the event.

*Did you leave?*

I was disappointed on seeing the text at unread even after an hour.

I was excited to see Nandini, it was suprising how I only knew her for barely a week and yet here I was waiting to see her, talk to her and share how satisfies I was at the success of the event and the buzz taking over on twitter with other social media platforms.

I hadn't had a the time in the world to sit and evaluate the reason for the same but maybe if I did, then I would put the dilemma to rest with the fact that conversations with her were so organic, so easy, I never really had to try to talk to her at most times, it just happened.

she seems to make it like that.

*Hey! so..I have a news, wouldn't be able to make it today for the lunch an emergency needs dire attention. sorry for ditching you, will make It up!*

Her message read, I sighed at the information a little disappointed but more concerned so I left a message enquiring about the situation.

*Nothing to worry about, just some stuff with Navya. Will fill you in later?*