11~ Tug of hearts

Start from the beginning

Manik had been dedicating his entire attention to the same, overworked , under slept and an absolute whining machine about how jarring it is for him.

Even with all the cribbing, the man is giving his best shot at everything, he loves what he does for a living except for those 'irrationally long meetings about what should he be wearing and when' his words not mine! He would still put up with it because that is what his work demands, he is a public figure after all. A very much in talks one and well, for all its worth those meetings are actually too fulfilling I am sure his female fans thank his stylist so much.

If you ask me how do I know it, I would say I did most of the thanking sometimes.

But NOBODY GOT ANY BUSINESS KNOWING IT.

That and about those rigorous hour spent stalking him before and after every movie, staying glued watching his interviews, magazine write ups and everything in between even those excruciating rapid fire rounds for hells sake!

Now as I look back at it, this surreal feeling wallops all of me. The guy I had been admiring for years now every new work of his was like a reason for me to get pumped about spending hours on stretch appreciating his art and him.

I honestly have zero clue on how I managed to survive through seeing him *consciously* in flesh and blood up close and not pass out or for the least make a fool out of myself considering the amount of starstruck I was, me from a year ago would be so proud.

I mean, I attended a full meeting followed by a party JUST the other day  hold on, however what does take the show away is I WENT ON A FREAKING WHOLE DATE with him, A DATE. That too without clumsyly falling flat on my face or getting overwhelmed by the happenings.

Woah, new me!

It is staggering how everything I could bet my life on won't happen, happened. I do have a hella long bucket list to live up to but this, THIS was such a far fetched reality that it did not even make it to the list.

It was still too much for me to digest, the fact that he asked me out to be his plus one for the night, not JUST that but we sneaked out to a cliff far off from the city gazing at those enchanting lights with great food and wholesome conversations.

Sounds like a plethora of a pinch me moments, no?

Something straight out of a cheesy chick flick!

Just to be sure, I did pinch myself and I will seriously not recommend the same, the striking pain that follows will make your soul believe that it is real. VERY REAL.

Leaving my bed that I have been slouching on all morning I walked to my Almirah, a little rummaging through my clothes lead me to what I was looking for.

A nice mid size wooden box.

Placing it and myself of the bed, I opened my pandora's box of secrets, my undying fascination for him. The box was stuffed with his life as an actor to this point, it had everything, his picture from the first theater show he acted in to the picture of the show that changed a part of my life forever, all neatly arranged in a well- maintained scrap book with every minute detail of his character penned down and my theories of some of his brilliant work, only it didn't stop right there I went way to cheesy with it all so a bunch of paper cut outs also found themselves in my personal little 'Manik Malhotra fanclub'

I smiled at the memories that came rushing to me at the sight of it, I haven't been through my stuff since his last project and that will be about 6 months ago.

Can you believe it? This box was a mini run through of his career that I kept since the time I encountered him and like every other project of his even the next one will make it to the list but, the only difference being...