The Gate (Part 3)

Start from the beginning

Mike, Dustin, and Max breathed heavily, unable to do anything to help. "I said get off me!" Lucas yelled, kicking him in the groin. Billy crumpled and backed away. 

"You're so dead, Sinclair!" Billy roared. "You're dead!"

Billy was turned around by Steve who said, "No, you are." He fixed his posture and clocked the side of Billy's face.

"Steve!" Max exclaimed, and Dustin was chuckling proudly.

Steve shook the hand that felt bruised and Billy laughed, turning back around.

Lucas grouped back to his friends who hugged him. "Looks like you got some fire in you after all, huh?" Billy asked. "I've been waiting to meet this King Steve everybody's been telling me so much about."

"Get out." Steve said monotonously, pushing Billy back gently.

Steve ducked just in time as Billy swung his fist around him. He stood back up and clocked Billy in the face again. Billy fell to the table.

"Yes!" Dustin shouted. "Kick his ass, Steve!"

"Get him!" Mike also joined.

"Murder the son of a bitch!" Dustin shouted as Steve punched him once more. "Now! Now!"

"Get that shithead!" Mike yelled.

"Kill the son of a bitch!" Dustin roared.

They watched as Billy grabbed a plate from the sink and slapped it against Steve's head. Steve grunted in pain as the plate broke into pieces once it collided with his head. "Steve!" Lucas exclaimed.

"Billy!" Max scolded.

They all saw the blood flowing down the side of Steve's head. "Holy shit..." Mike muttered.

The kids backed away and they heard Steve getting pummeled by Billy and they were led into the living room. Steve tried to stand upright, but Billy helped him by grabbing him from the shirt. "No one tells me what to do!" He grunted, headbutting him.

Steve fell to the floor and the kids were shouting among themselves. "Whoo!" Billy shouted, walking over to him.

"You're gonna kill him!" Dustin said out of worry, as blood gushed from Steve's nose. 

Billy had turned him around and punched him over and over and over. It turned into white noise, and Steve started to see stars. He could barely hear the kids screaming for him.

Behind Billy, Max looked to the side, and found a syringe.

She uncapped it, and ran forward to plunge it into Billy's neck. Everyone was surprised, and stepped back. Billy turned to Max, but everything became blurry. He pulled out the syringe and walked towards Max.

"The hell is this?" He slurred. "You little shi...Wha-did you do?" He ended up falling on his back and laughed.

"Shit..." Mike said.

Max looked over to grab the bat with nails. She held it up over her shoulder. "From here on out, you leave me and my friends alone." Max said, with fire in her eyes. "Do you understand?"

"Screw you." Billy mumbled, and Max threw the bat down in between his legs.

"Say you understand!" Max screamed. "Say it!" She remembered the day that Billy roared at her and watching (Y/n) falling off Mike's bike. She wanted to make him pay for it. "Say it!"

"I understa-." He slurred again.

"What?" She mumbled.

"I understand."

His eyes closed, and she dropped the bat down in between Billy's legs. She reached over to grab the keys, leaving the boys in shock. She had wished (Y/n) was there to witness all of that. (Y/n) would've thought that was awesome.

Max turned to the boys and said, "Let's get out of here."

~~~

*(Y/n)'s POV*

Hopper drove us all the way to Hawkins Lab, and I was asleep in the car. When he parked in the lot, he opened my car door and shook my shoulder lightly. "Hey," He called out to me, and I rubbed my eyes. "Wake up, we're here."

I nodded and climbed out of the car.

Eleven was standing next to me. "Are you okay?" she asked as I stood in front of the building. I could picture Bob's body still in there, haunting me.

"I'm okay." I lied, and took her hand in mind.

"Don't worry, (Y/n)." She assured me. "You can do this."

Hopper came up to us with the shotgun prepared. "All right, you two." Hopper said. "(Y/n), you let me and El do the heavy lifting up front, okay? Save your strength til' we're below." He stared at me. "(Y/n)?"

"Hm?" I asked, shaking the thought out of my head.

"Did you hear what I said?"

"Yeah, yeah." I murmured. He and Eleven exchanged worried looks. "I'm fine, guys. I just want to get this over with."

Without trying to mess this whole thing up.

Even if we got down below, my memories are still pretty fuzzy to me. Even though Eleven told me how I opened the gate, I still wouldn't know how to close it. I mean, it should be simple, right?

I started to walk inside with Eleven and Hopper hurrying after me as we heard the monsters growling from the inside.