Grace's eyes landed on you before she chuckled.

"I don't recall." She turned back to the pan, humming a soothing melody. You had a sudden memory of her singing you to sleep one night, after you had woken from a nightmare sweating and shaking. All you remembered was being locked in a room with fire.

You felt horribly guilty all of a sudden, and resolved not to speak the rest of the time.

"Were you ever..." Allison trailed off, biting her lip. "I don't know, angry with Dad?"

Grace scraped the pan loudly, making you flinch and bring a hand to your head.

"Your father was a good man. A kind man. He was very good to me," Grace said with a note of finality. Allison, however, pushed on.

"Yes, but after we all left, it must have been difficult," she reasoned.

"Oh, there were days." She smiled sadly. "You kids kept me so busy, and then..." She cut off, reinforcing her bright smile before turning back to the pan.

"What?"

"What were you gonna say?"

Grace paused.

"Eggs are ready!"

The three of you looked at each other solemnly.

"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day," Grace said as she plopped three plates in front of you. "Now, eat up. All of you." Her eyes landed on you as she said that, and you stared down at your plate.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

"Klaus?" you called, huffing in annoyance when you arrived back at where you started after checking all of the rooms in the house for your druggy brother - except the basement, of course.

You didn't even want to think about that place.

You heard a crash, peering out the window and seeing two legs sticking out of the dumpster. You  sighed, walking outside and standing in front of the trash pit.

"Klaus! We have to go."

He yelped, poking his head out of the trash and frowning at you.

"Oh, come onnnnn. I need to find Dad's stupid stuff," he complained, falling backward in the pile. You grimaced, backing away from the awful smell the dumpster emitted.

"We're supposed to gather everyone in the living room to have a conversation about Mom. Allison went to find Vanya, and Luther said to grab you so that we can go get Five. So come on - and maybe put some perfume on," you added, waving the air in front of your nose when he brought a waft of dirty air with him.

"Oh, shush," he grumbled, but pulled some out of his pocket as you headed for Luther's car, spritzing himself. "I'm not sure where Five went, but he drove off a few minutes ago. Refused to let me come with him, too!"

"So you're not even gonna ask about Mom?" you called after him, raising an eyebrow.

"Eh, I'll figure out whenever we hold the meeting. I'd rather only hear the story once. I call shotgun!"

You sighed, rolling your eyes but smiling as you chased after him.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:

You approached the van Five was in, taking deep breaths to quell your anger and embarrassment.

"You're a liability, Eight!"

You reached his window, peering in and knocking gently on the glass. He stayed staring straight ahead, his breath coming in rapid gasps.

"Five?" you called, knocking again. "Five?!"