"Now, now, Marie," said Cal who turned his head to listen in. "No need to get into the gruesome details. Besides, the 'past is in the past' is what I say."

"Yes... of course," Mrs. Engel replied.

Camilo rolled his eyes. He could then hear Isabela and Luisa silently talking to one another about which Madrigal was going to make the 'biggest impression.' He glanced over at Amalia and noticed there was something different in the way she was carrying herself. From the beginning, she always walked with her head high. Yet now, she seemed to look more guarded than the one time he spoke to her. She wouldn't look at anyone else but Hanna. Hanna on the other hand seemed excited to be back in his home, surrounded by his family. He smiled at this. This was how she was supposed to be. Having a good time, surrounded by everyone who cared about her.

And finally, after what felt like a long time to Camilo, dinner was finished. Alma then put her hands together and said, "Well, time to move this little party out of the kitchen. We are ready to show you something very...special." She stood up first, followed by Mirabel and then everyone else. As Agustín poured more wine into Cal's glass, Hanna and the rest of her family watched in amazement as all the chairs at the table began to move on their own outside the kitchen and towards the entrance of the house where all the doors gleamed from atop the balcony. As everyone got seated, Alma nodded at Agustín. He walked up to the front, cleared his throat, and addressed Cal's family.

"When you were last here, I mentioned that there was more to see in the Encanto than a magical house, didn't I?" he asked.

"But of course," said Cal, in a curious manner. Hanna waited with her hands in her lap, while excitedly glancing over at Amalia and their mother.

Agustín took a breath in and said, "Okay...here goes. See, everyone on Abuela's side of the family here is all Gifted. And by that, I mean they have special powers."

He paused for a moment to see that Cal and his family had their eyes wide open. "Abuela Alma here is the founder and keeper of our miracle," he said, gesturing towards Alma. "Her husband gave up his life to save her, their triplets, and the people from their village. In turn, his sacrifice blessed them with a magical candle that created this whole refuge, and this house. On top of that, her children received a special power, or what we call a Gift. And so did their children."

Amalia looked at Hanna, stunned. Hanna looked back at her trying to mirror her reaction. Mrs. Engel had her hand over her heart, listening with rapt attention. Cal grinned excitedly as he swirled his wine glass. "So, it isn't just the land here!" he said. "I knew it! There are sorcerers here too! And you thought you could keep that a secret!"

"Well... not exactly sorcerers," said Agustín, grinning back.

"And...just what are these... powers, exactly?" Cal asked, intrigued.

Agustín answered, "Well, first, Pepa. She can affect the weather with her emotions."

Camilo watched as his mom stood up in front of the family. While smiling, she lifted her hands way up into the air and created a rainbow over her head. Hanna, Amalia, and Mrs. Engel gasped in surprise.

Cal stared upward at it. "My word!" he said, quietly. Pepa curtsied and walked back to sit next to Félix who took her hand, smiling at her with adoration.

"Her daughter, Dolores, can hear everything from about within a two-mile radius," Agustín said.

Dolores simply turned to look at Amalia from where she was sitting and said, "You put three lumps of sugar in your coffee this morning."

Amalia's jaw dropped. "How did you-?" she began to ask.

"I can hear it. Plink, plink, plink." Dolores said, smiling.