"Me too," said Jake.

"Thank you," said Sam.

" You should've fought back," said Corey.

"Then I'd be no better than him," said Sam.

" Better than taking a beating everyday," said Jake.

" What are you gonna tell Colby when we get back to the house?" asked Corey.

" I'll think of something," said Sam.

Jake and Corey walked slowly the whole way home, helping Sam along. When they reached their house, Sam put up his hood and stepped in the doorway behind Jake and Corey. He tried to hurriedly make his way up to his room, but slowed down as his whole body ached. He had forgotten he was hurt. Sam thought he had made it, but Colby saw that he was home and saw him go into his room.

" Hey Sam," said Colby. " I have to attend this boring alumni dinner next week. Which shirt do you like better?"

Colby was holding up two shirts. This is what he got for having a room right next to Colby's.

Sam stopped in the doorway of his room. He didn't want to turn around, but now he had no choice. He turned around to face Colby.

"Well you can't see with that hood covering your eyes," laughed Colby, as he pulled Sam's hood down and immediately saw his eye. Colby's expression immediately turned to concern. Colby dropped the shirts in his hand.

" Dude, what the fuck happened to your eye?" asked Colby, examining Sam's face.

" It's nothing," explained Sam. "It was my own fault, we were playing dodgeball in gym class and I wasn't paying attention."

" A dodgeball did that?" said Colby. " Who does this kid think he is, Captain America? That sport should be banned if you ask me. Maybe I'll speak to the Phys Ed teacher."

" No!" said Sam. " It's okay, really. I'll just be more careful next time."

" If you're sure," said Colby.

" I am," said Sam. He sent a small smile to Colby. " The red shirt is the best."

Colby smiled at him. " I like your style Sam," he said, returning to his room.

The next day, Sam had left to hang out with his girlfriend Katrina. She was one of the only people that Sam did tell about the bullying, because she went to a different school across town and she rarely ever saw Colby, except when she hung out at their place. He made her promise not to tell as well, Sam didn't want her in the crossfire. The thought of what Dylan could do to her. Better him than Katrina.

"I'm going to Kat's, I'll be back later," said Sam.

"See ya," said Colby.

Once Sam had left, Colby went downstairs to find Jake and Corey watching TV.

"Can you guys do me a favor and tell me which kid decided to use face shots in dodgeball yesterday?" asked Colby.

"What are you talking about?" asked Jake.

" Dodgeball," said Colby. " You guys have Phys Ed. the same period as Sam, did you not see him get hit?"

" Oh yea, right," said Corey. He looked at Jake as they remembered their promise to Sam.

" No, we didn't see who it was," said Jake. " We were...tying our shoes."

" Both of you?" asked Colby.

" Yea, laces are stupid." said Corey.

" O-K," said Colby, confused. " Well, just watch out for him next time, okay?"

Even More Protective Colbyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें