{Chapter 13} Firewhisky

Start from the beginning

“Marley, I really do not think you’re in a good position to do anything right now, besides rest.” He said as I pouted at the man.

“You sound like a father, come on Mattie! One dance!” I whined as Matt sighed, running a hand through his hair.

“I really don’t think that’s a-“I cut him off, however, whilst I stood up and grabbed his hand pulling him onto the raving dance floor. I stumbled a couple times in the heels and with my dizziness overwhelming me. “Marley, I don’t think this is a good idea!” Matt called to me as we stood in the middle of the dance floor as I started to dance with Matt. Well I was mostly dancing around Matt, in a very intoxicated and somewhat inappropriate way.

“Come on Matt, dance.” I whined as Matt stared at me in utter disbelief as I slung my body around his. After I literally jumped around him a couple of times, I felt the room spin and soon I was getting closer to the floor, when I felt a pair of arms catch me. I looked up to see Matt grinning down at me sheepishly.

“Now that you’ve dance, can we please get you someplace to sit down?” Matt asked as I frowned looking up at the boy.

“No! I just wanna have fun Matt, quit harshing my mellow.” I stated in a whiny voice as Matt sighed, placing his head in his hand for a second.

“Marley, you’re going to get me in trouble with your friends.” Matt stated as I rolled my eyes.

“Oh please, no one cares. Don’t be such a worry wart.” I stated as I giggled at the word. “Worry wart, that’s a funny word. Worry wart, worry wart, worry wart!” I stated as Matt raised an eyebrow at me as I started to sing and dance to my own tune of worry wart.

I heard Matt laughing next to me, as I noticed people dancing to a slow song around us, while I continued to do my own thing. “Even when you’re drunk, you cease to amaze me Marley.”

I grinned at the boy, “You’re really sweet Mattie! I wish I could like you more than a friend.” I sighed as Matt stared at me for a second, and then a blush appeared on his face.

“Ah yes well, that’s nice of you to say.” He said awkwardly as he scratched the back of his neck. I smiled at his awkwardness.

“You know what you should do!” I exclaimed with a grin, and a sudden wave of giddiness enters my body as I looked at Matt, who looked at me questionably.

“What?” he asked as I smiled.

“You should kiss me!” I announced with a smile as I saw Matt blush.

“Marley, you’re drunk, you don’t know what you’re saying.”

“No I do…” I said slightly unsure, “I want you to kiss me! Fred’s an arse and kissing other people and it’s not like we’re together. Is it so wrong to kiss your date?” I asked cocking my head to the side like a small child as Matt stuttered.

“N-No, but what you’re saying is just out of jealousy and drunkenness.” He replied firmly as I frowned.

“You’re no fun Mattie!” I announced with a whine as Matt grinned.

“You’ll thank me later for this.” Matt said as I rolled my eyes, and walked closer to the boy, and without a second thought I planted a light kiss upon his lips. Something in me screamed, like I was doing something horribly wrong, like I was betraying someone. Matt tensed up once my lips were on his, but soon he started to kiss back, I wasn’t sure why I kissed him. Maybe it was because I was drunk, but I think it was more because I was mad at Fred for whatever reason and just wanted a kiss.

Before I could pull away from the harmless kiss, I felt a pair of hands pull me away forcibly. I was yanked away from Matt, and into the arms of another man, I looked up to see a flaming Fred Weasley sending Matt death glares. “What the bloody hell do you think you’re doing to Marley!!?” Fred erupted in a loud roar as I glared at the boy who was holding me.