Dancers Are The Athletes of God

"Dancers are the athletes of god"

A quote allegedly said by Einstein. personally i agree with this statement.

Being a dance student I would say I'm biased but my friends would agree.

My whole life I've danced, I watched my friends dance. My mums a dance teacher and my dad studied at the Royal academy of dance in London. They met through dance.

I always thought the same thing would happen to me but I'm nineteen and my love life is in a drought. Never seem to have had any luck. The only guy that asked me out ended up using me to get to my friend.

Fair enough, she's stunning. She has long golden hair and a perfect goofy smile. A dimple marking her left cheek and light hazel eyes. A sleek muscular body, we're more or less the same height, she's an inch taller than me at most. I mean she's absolutely breathtaking.

We've been friends for years, we went to dance camp together every summer since we were six and we've just stuck together.

Contrasting to me she's dated. A lot. I mean boyfriends in the double digits.

Which is why I was surprised when she kissed me.

It was a usual day.

We were in  the studio rehearsing. I was watching her mesmerised by her dancing. You can tell apart the people that are good at dancing from the people that are good dancers. She flows with the music, every movement fits perfectly, an extension from her emotions. Watching her dance is one of my favourite things and one of my parents, which is why they always liked her.

She was rehearsing a solo and asked me to help her with the choreo but everything she did was flawless.

"Ellie...Ellie..." she snaps her fingers in front of my face and I shake my head looking into her eyes.

"Yeah?"

"Any pointers?" She stands back up moving in front of the mirrors.

"No it looked great."

"Really? I think that last bit was a little chunky. What do you think?" She goes over the choreography and examines herself in the mirror.

"It looked great Riles. Really good."

"I can't believe the genius dancer can't give better advice that 'it's great'." She laughs turning round to me. "I believe it's your turn."

"Well you're the genius dancer and dream daughter of my parents." She walks over and helps me up from my spot. "I'm not promising anything great."

"You're gonna be fine."

She starts the music and I run through my routine a lot less smoothly as her but when I get to the end and I see her sitting there smiling in the mirror.

"How was that?" I sit in the middle of the hall and cross my legs, she gives me a smile and gets up.

"It was amazing, I loved the end. You might want to make sure your toes are pointed though"

"Thanks."

She walks over towards me and offers her hand. I take it and she hauls me up.

"You look kind of hot when you're tired," she blurts out and instantly throws her hand over her mouth. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean that. It just came out I didn't know what's wrong with me." She turns and runs her hand through her hair. I laugh and shake my head.

"It's fine Riles, I'm kind of offended you don't don't think I look hot all the time though."

She turns back around, her cheeks painted pink. Before I know it she pulls me in my the waist and her lips are on mine.