1

Tobe Akira sat on his pink bed in front of his recording computer, cigarette in hand

"What am I supposed to do?" He asked his pink-haired friend, who was popping open a beer while sitting in between a purple-haired guy ( Katsu ) and a grey-haired girl ( Kiyomi ), "NCT 'help' project" The pink-haired girl, his friend— Kuse Bunko responded as if that gave him any help at all, "Fucking hell! You already told me that like five fucking times! What am I doing? What the fuck is this shit" Akira ranted while taking a puff from his cigarette. Bunko angrily looked at her dirty blonde-haired friend, "Read the instructions, you dumb fucking bitch!" She exclaimed while pushing his head. Akira drew his hands up in defense and cursed at his older friend, and read the instructions next to the screen that was recording his.

"Why the fuck am I doing this." He pondered to himself yet started the introduction nonetheless. "My name? I am Tobe Akira; I'm 18. I'm a senior at Hyosan high school. And I'm currently living in Mayfield Apartments 310," He spoke while playing with his hang nails. "Say what my problem is?" Akira read the question that was highlighted in green.

"My problem is that I'm a drug addict. I'm like a loser. I love drinking. Oh, and I slit my wrist on a daily, well, I guess, weekly. I'm the offspring of prostitution and basically one myself. I personally don't think these are problems, but whatever, I'm trying to get that bag." He sighed while shrugging, "Listen, man, this is kinda stupid. I don't know why I'm doing this. Ko-chan, it's not like some kpop Idols can solve my destructive mental issues. This shit is dumb as fuck." He concluded while looking up at his friend with a snarl. "Why waste our time?"

"Man, I don't fucking know. It was Katsu's Idea, not mine," Bunko sighed. Akira moved his gaze over the purple-haired male, "' Twas was a stoned thought." He shrugged, combing his finger through his purple hair, "You're always stoned. You practically operate high," He nagged, "That's too far," He glared while pouting. Akira let out a short laugh as he toppled over. His hand flew onto the keyboard of the computer. The recording screen vanished, now replaced with a white screen saying CONGRATULATIONS in a green highlight, that neon ugly ( not ugly ) NCT green.

"No." He gasped,

"No!" gasping again. 

His hands started to spam the back button as curse words flew from his mouth. "No fucking way! Bunko! How do I undo this!" He panicked, looking at his friend, "I don't know," Bunko shrugged. He sighed as he slammed his computer shut. "They're not gonna choose me anyways. It's fine. It's all fine." He serenaded himself, "Pass me the Titos," He snapped at Katsu, who handed him the titos with shaking hands.

A week had passed, and more bad news was coming Akira's way; it was fucking flooding in, first he doesn't get a promotion and now-- 

"Top 10!" Akira exclaimed angrily. "Congratulations. You, Tobe Akira, are in the 10 ten picks for the NCT HELP project. You currently rank at number 6! We will keep you updated as the days go on! Once again, Congratulations!" He read with eyes widened in shock and horror. "This can't be life."

"You're only 6; how do you know they're going to pick you" Kyoko hummed while ruffling her grey hair. "True. True. There's no way I'm going to be picked." She reasoned. "Yeah, you're right. I'm fine! It's all fine!" He blabbered while cracking open a Dry Asahi and chugging it.

And now, two days passed, and Akira was throwing shit. "This can't be fucking for real!" He yelled while throwing a bottle at the wall. He huffed loudly and grabbed his phone with his bloodied hands. "Tobe Akira, you have been chosen for the NCT help project in the next 2 to 3 business days. Our SM boys hope they can help you with all your troubles!" He read in frustration; his eyes wandered the cheesy email littered with green, with no sign of canceling and no sign of taking this shit back. There was absolutely no fucking way he got excepted into this stupid ass program.

He placed his phone down in anger and grabbed another wine bottle. This was going to be a long night.