Chapter 8 [Suspicious Paper]

Start from the beginning

"Y/N, what if wherever this device is, it's on the map but it's just not marked?"

You

"Yeah, I've been thinking about that. We know that it's more in the northern part of the map, but we just don't know where. So I guess we'll spend another 7 days looking up north?"

Scaramouche

*Sigh* "I guess so..."

You

"Oh, that's right... Remember when we picked up a bunch of stuff that we thought would be useful later on in the other domains?"

Childe

"Yeah?"

You

"Empty your bags. We'll see if we can find anything."

You three took your bags, turned them upside down, and began shaking the shit out of them. A bunch of things fell out.

A rolled-up piece of paper fell out of Childe's bag, but he quickly grabbed it and stuffed it back in before you could notice.

Scaramouche looked at Childe for a moment, noticing his suspicion.

Scaramouche

"Childe, what was that?"

While you were busy sorting through the items on the table, he whispered to him. You were going through stacks of papers and maps they'd gathered, but none of them seemed significant.

Childe

"Uh..."

Scaramouche

"Pfft don't tell me it's your love letter to Y/N."

Childe

"Hehe... I really wish it was."

Childe smiled awkwardly, tapping his foot and looking away.

Scaramouche snatched Childe's arm and dragged him away from you.

You

"Hey, where are you going?"

Scaramouche

"I just gotta talk to Childe about something."

You

"... Alright then."

You didn't think anything of it and kept rummaging through the objects.

Scaramouche

"Okay come on, what is that paper?"

Childe

"It's not really a big deal!... It just has to do with um... Nothing important."

Scaramouche

"Lemme see!"

Scaramouche jumped up and down, attempting to take the paper from Childe, but Childe teased him by waving the paper around in the air. Scaramouche couldn't get it no matter how hard he tried because of their obvious height difference.

You noticed them and wondered what they were doing, keeping a wary eye on them. Scaramouche looked at you when he suddenly realized you were watching them, then awkwardly waved and smiled.

Scaramouche

"Hey- If the paper isn't such a big deal then why can't I see it?!"

Childe