𝟔» ᴇᴅᴡᴀʀᴅ, ɪs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ?

"Lexi, you're a fucking G'"

-Her Majesty, Madeleine Perez, Queen of East Highland (and our hearts)//Euphoria.

"My name is Castiel. I'm an Angel of the Lord," The trench-coated stranger announced. A rumble erupted from the sky, a sudden pepper of dark clouds glowering around, mirroring the thunderous intensity of his electric blue eyes.

Lightning struck, sending the shadow of his wings to flicker on the ground below.

The Brothers, too dumbfounded, didn't dare deny it. But as the angel commenced towards them, Damon acted out of instinct, pressing his body to the girl's still frame to somehow wrap her in a protective shell.

"I can heal her," offered Castiel, scooching down before the trio.

"You can?" Stefan asked. There was a certain air about this stranger, a touch of divinity that he couldn't help himself from wanting to trust him.

And for Serena's sake, he hoped he could.

Castiel nodded, but Damon didn't back away, growling out, "No. I don't trust you. I'll do it myself."

"Damon, she's too far-" he cut his little brother off with a threatening glare.

"That's alright," the angel interjected. "You don't have to trust me."

He stared directly into his eyes, blue meeting blue, and slowly unwrapped his arms from around the girl's unconscious body as if reasoning with some inner part of the vampire.

"But you will let me heal her. Because if she dies, you can say goodbye to your beloved planet. I assure you there's not going to be much left of it." There was no malice in his gruff voice, rather a sense of tenderness behind that monotony.

The two Salvatores watched on as he reached out with two fingers, placing them gently on the girl's forehead. Seconds ticked by. The vampires could feel the warmth return to her skin, hear as the delicate pumping of her heart reinstated.