DELTATOAD Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

Choose the body that you prefer.

You looked through all of the bodies, but found that they were all more or less the same. Again, you simply chose the one that looked most like you. The other body options disappeared like the heads did, and then pairs of legs appeared to take their place.

Choose the legs that you prefer.

Squinting, you could barely make out minuscule differences between them all. For this one, you mostly just randomly picked one. Now, your "vessel", as it seemed to be called, had a proper shape. All of the other options vanished, leaving only you and the empty body.

This is your vessel.

Is this acceptable?

You nodded confidently, knowing that this was yours. The being seemed to acknowledge this.

Perfect.

This vessel of yours is indeed...

Perfect.

Now.

Let us mold the mind of this body into your own.

Different options and choices seemed to flood your mind. Closing your eyes, you could almost see them for yourself...

Sweet

Soft

Sour

Salty

Pain

Cold

What is it's favorite type of food?

You glance back over the options, thinking for a moment to try and come to a conclusion. You simply followed your instincts and chose what you found best. The choices all vanished, being replaced by new ones.

A

AB

B

C

D

What is it's favorite blood type?

You found this to be a very odd and disturbing question, but it didn't seem very strange compared to everything so far. You just picked whichever one felt right and then moved onto the new options.

Red

Orange

Yellow

Green

Cyan

Blue

Purple

White

What is your preferred color?

You looked over the options, slightly disappointed that there weren't more to choose from, but thankful for not having to pick out of too many. After careful consideration, you picked out your favorite color out of the options given.

Kindness

Mind

Bravery

Voice

Ambition

What gift will you give it?

You had to pause for a moment and consider. Did you want to give it a gift of its own or one you had? In the end, you decided to choose the one you felt reflected yourself.

What do you feel about this creation?

(It won't hear you)

Happy

Disgust

Fear

Hope

You could only think about one thing going through this, and that was Hope to make a difference in this story. So, you chose Hope.

Have you answered me honestly?

You nod in response.

You also acknowledge the possibility of heartbreak and pain..?

Caught off guard by this question, you hesitate to answer, but in the end nod in response.

Of course...

You knew this when you decided to come here.

Now.

Name your vessel.

You closed your eyes, thinking of something to name it, but ended up coming back to your own name. You answered with your own name.

Interesting.

And the creator's name?

You hardly had to hesitate as you responded with your own name.

Hm...

"Y/N"

Of course, the vessel and creator share the same name.

"Y/N"

Thank you, for donating your time.

Your answers...

Your WONDERFUL creation...

Suddenly, your vision cuts to black, and everything surrounding you vanishes from not only sight but all senses.

WILL NOW BE DISCARDED

No one truly chooses how the story goes.

Your...

Name...

Is...