Chapter 7: Be Careful

En başından başla

He simply nodded before walking away to professor Jun who's sitting in the floor with papers scattering around her.

"I'm sorry for the mess, Caterina! Gosh! I didn't have time to clean up!" professor said then dusted off her clothes and stood up.

"It's not a problem. Let's begin, shall we?"

...

We ended up finishing at night. I texted my brother where I am beforehand so he wouldn't freak out if I'm not home yet but here he is still freaking out because I'm not home yet and it's night.

"Come home now, Cat! Danger lurks around at night! Wait! I should pick you up!" Hiroto said in panic.

I can already imagine him walking around in panic and about to text dad that I'm not home yet.

"Don't. What did I study martial arts for, right? I'm not a damsel-in-distress, nissan. I'll be home soon. Don't text dad." I dropped the call and turned my head to my lovely professor.

"I'll be on my way now, professor. Thanks again for the lessons and the gift." I grinned at her and took the small pot of a growing rosemary that she gifted me.

"It's all good! I should be the one thanking you. But are you sure you don't wanna sleep here instead, tonight? It's dangerous to walk alone at night," she said worried.

"It's fine. Our dorm's not that far from here anyway."

"Then, let Hayama-kun take you home! Please! That'll make me feel better!" She pleaded with her hands intertwined together.

I couldn't say no to her because the longer I stay here the more will my brother will try to call the authorities. Thus, I just nodded.

Now here I am. I'm walking home with a boy I just met.

"Don't show yourself to my brother when we get there. He'll punch you if he sees you," I warned and chuckled.

"Is he overprotective?"

"Very. But not to the point that I can't do things I want to."

Silence roamed around us so I decided to talk about spices so that we wouldn't be so awkward. Luckily, he's very interested when talking about spices.

"Moretti-san?" a certain voice of a well-known self hater called.

I looked up to see my favorite upperclassman and grinned.

"Yo! Tsukasa-senpai! Where are you headed?"

"I was actually heading to your house. Rindou forced me to deliver these papers to your brother since he won't leave your house until you get there and he's sure you're safe." He sighed.

An anime sweat appeared in my forehead before I turned to Hayama-kun. "I'll take it from here. I'll just walk with Tsukasa-senpai home so that you won't have to go so far."

He agreed and I didn't forget to thank him before I began to walk again with Tsukasa-senpai.

"Who was that?" He mumbled.

"Hm? That was Hayama-kun, professor Jun's assistant."

"Ohh..." He bacame silent afterwards and seemed to be in deep thought.

"What are you thinking of?" I questioned him out of curiosity.

"Nothing important." I raised an eyebrow. "I was just thinking that I've never seen with you with a friend who's a girl."