Chapter 21: Close

Start from the beginning

"I'm just kidding Attorney. Loosen up, we're just about to start but you already making yourself stress." He said while fixing his tie. I just smiled at him. Mr. Rabin is already at his 50's but his face is still well maintained and handsome that made him look like he's just 30 or something.

"Okay. Here is the case, I want my daughter back. But she's living under her biological mother, how could I possibly win the case?"

"How old are your daughter sir?" I asked while typing the details he's telling.

"She's already 27 years old by now."

"Well in that case, your daughter can decide for herself already where she does want to go with. Either with you or her biological mother. This case won't take too long." I said while closing my laptop before facing Mr. Rabin.

"Really? What can you adviced to make this thing easier for the both side?"

"Well first you need to talk to your daughter--" I was cut off when he suddenly spoke, which I found very rude. But I didn't mention it anyway.

"I'm talking to her already."

"Well that's good. You just need to convinced her to come with you. And that's it. You don't actually need a lawyer with this case." I said while fixing my things and start putting it inside my bag.

"How can I convinced you?"

"Come again?" I asked since I think I heard his words wrong.

"I mean, how can I convinced my daughter to come with me if she doesn't even know my existence?" I know it's not the same thing he said a while ago but I just let it pass, it's not a big deal anyway.

"Well, first you need to introduce yourself to her. Show her some documents to prove that you are her biological father and after that you can ask her already if she can come with you." But I remember he told me earlier that he's already talking to his daughter, now I wonder why he's telling me now that his daughter doesn't know his existence. There's something wrong with this man.

"Okay, I'll try that. Thank you for the suggestions Attorney." He stood up and bowed his head.

"You're welcome Mr. Kim. Just send me some details and progress about this case so that I can help you." We shook our hands again before I decided to go ahead first. I smell something fishy while I was talking with him earlier. I can feel that there's something wrong.

I decided to go back to my office to meet Irene and have a lunch with her since I promise that we're going to talk about what happened last Thursday over our lunch, since I declined her invitation yesterday to have a dinner with her.

I'm on the way when I noticed that there's a black car following me, at first I thought we're just going the same path but I'm getting near to the company and it's still following me. I decided to turn right to check if it'll still follow and it does. I calm myself self down and make another turn to check if it'll still follow me and it does again. Damn it, what the fuck this creep wants from me?

I hurriedly dialed Lisa's phone number and in just a single ring she answered it.

"Hello babe? I'm sorry but I'm in the middle of my meeting, can I just call you later?--"  I immediately cut her words off before she could end the call.

"There's someone following me and I don't know what to do."

"Okay, calm down did you already do what I told you to do last time?" I hummed as a response. Lisa thought me that if there's something suspicious while I'm driving like I feel that someone's following me I should turn 3 times to check if it'll still follow me. Which I did earlier.

"Try to peek the plate number and tell it to me." I'm so amazed how Lisa can stay calm with this kind of situation. While me? I'm having a panic attack. I tried to peek from may rare mirror to see the plate number only to found out that it doesn't have one.

"Fuck, it doesn't have a plate number." I can't fucos right now and my hands keep on shaking that really made the situation worst.

"Okay. Last turn babe. You know what to do." I nod event though she can't see me and turn right before stepping on the gas to speed up my car. And there, it stop following me, I breathe out of relief. Damn that was too close.

"It's gone now." I heard Lisa breath out like she's holding it for a long time.

"Now go straight to where you supposedly going, I'll fetch you there later. Calm down yourself first before driving again. I don't want you get into an accident." I fixed myself and meditate for a while it's my best way to ease my nervousness.

"Right, breath in, breath out. You're doing well baby." Even we're not together she never failed to calm me down. "Are you fine now?"

"Yes, I feel good now. Thank you." I said while closing my eyes and caress my chest. I heard her hummed. "I'll end the call now so you can continue your meeting. Sorry if I disturb you." Now I feel guilty that I took so much of her time now.

"No it's fine. You're my top priority, remember that. I'll get going now, call me when you meet Irene. I love you Jennie, so much." She really never failed to melt my heart with her sweet words.

"I love you more my Lisa."

---
LISA'S POV

After my meeting I went back to my office to check Jennie's message. She just let me know that she's already with Irene and they're having their lunch at the famous Italian Restaurant near their company. What happened earlier would be the last, I swear to god that would be the last.

I ordered my men earlier to search for that asshole who have the guts to threaten my girlfriend. And turned out it's one of her ex again, Hanbin. Her first boyfriend to be exact. I didn't let him pass and order my men to beat the fuck out of him before he could have chance to get near with Jennie.

Why the fuck her ex's keep coming back to her? I just want to kill them all because I'm so sick dealing with their stupidity. They're wasting my time and especially my money.

I was snap back when my telephone rang. I immediately answered it without a delay.

"Ms. Manoban, there's a man here named Rabin Kim who wants to meet you." Ms. Jeon my receptionist announced.

"Kindly assist him here in my office. Thanks." Then I hung up the call.

Why does my favorite old man suddenly visit me? It didn't took them a long to arrived, and there's my favorite uncle Mr. Rabin Kim who's wearing his favorite Red Suit that he always complemented with his black tie and black slacks, together with his 4 butlers who's wearing their typical all black suit.

"What brings you here my uncle Rabin?" I smiled at him and give his cheek a peck.

"Is it bad to miss my favorite niece?" He said and open his arms asking me for a hug.

"No, of course not uncle." I chuckled and give him a hug. I only behave like this when his around.

"Okay kiddo. Stop playing around. I know you have something to ask me."

"Uncle you're so mean! Well I just wanna ask you to join me later to meet someone who's very special to me. Don't worry I wouldn't ask you to pay the bill. I have my black card, you know?" He let out a laugh that made my smile grew wider.

"Okay sure. And don't worry I wouldn't mind paying the bill. And if you forgot, let me remind you that I'm the one who gave you that black card."

---
A/N: 10 chaps more to go. Sorry, but I need to end this story before new AY comes. Stay hydrated pips!