Hana.

HANA'S POV:

I walk through the cold city bare foot, my feet ache as they touch the cold concrete underneath them. I could no longer cry, there was only one place I knew were to go, and that was Aki's house.

Aki didn't have parents at home, just older brothers. Her parents moved to Paris a view years back so she's just been living with her brothers, so there shouldn't be a problem with me coming so late.

It's a quarter to 9 and I'm walking on these streets alone, wishing and praying no men try to take me. I'm almost a block away from her house, if I can just make it there safely I'll be fine.

To think that I'm at this point in my life as a 3rd year in high school, I'll be all adult soon; yet I'm so broken already. My mother would've loved for them to understand her writing take her poem seriously, but they didn't. For course they would think that I was faking it.

Once I reach Aki's house I knock on her door and she answers it with a baseball bat in her hand. Once she sees who it is and takes a look at me she freezes. "Hanako what happened?" She says while pulling me inside. She places slippers on my feet and takes me to her room. "I'm going to start you a hot bath." She says while going to the bathroom, leaving me in silence.

I hear a knock on the door then it opens, I'm surprised and somewhat embarrassed to see Aki's brother Hatori in the door frame. "Hana-" he says but I stop me.

"Please...don't judge me in this moment. I just..." I say then aki walks in the room. "What the hell are you just sitting there and staring at her like that for?!" Aki snaps and then Hatori sighs, "it's just....I've never seen her—someone like this...." He says and then he leaves the room.

"Please don't play him any mind, he's a total idiot." She sighs in exhaustion. "Here's your towel, and I'll get some clothes together for you while to bathe." She says while handing me the towel.

"Warm baths fix everything." She says with a smile on her face. I smile to that and get up then walk to the bathroom. Those were the words my mom said to Aki when she was going through things, so hearing that made me feel a little better.

The bath made me feel better

The bath made me feel better. My bruises from earlier this week stung to the waters heat making my body jolt, and this was the thing that made me feel whole. Aki, she helped me out so much it was almost embarrassing, my love for her could never fade.
____________________

Once I get out the bath I sit on the bed and get dressed, Aki's scrolling on her phone and then she takes a deep breath. "Sooooo....did anything good happen at least?" She asks.

"I danced with a boy." I said quietly, and then her eyes grew huge. "YOU DID WHAT!!! HANA!!!" She screams while hugging me tightly. Then ten seconds later the door swings open fast and Aki's brother is looking at us with fear. "What happened?!!" He asked in fear.