Soooo I Guess She Knows

Robin is at the door and I can't decide if I want to hide or just answer it. I hear 3 more knocks and decide to take a chance.

"Robin?" I say as I open the front door.

"Hey, I was wondering where you were today. At first, I thought you were gonna skip out on me this morning and just walk to school." Her face gets red as the words roll off her tongue. She starts rubbing the back of her neck.

"Uh, uh, no-no. I just needed to stay home today. I am still sick from last night." I lie straight to her face. What was I gonna say? "Oh no Robin, I just had to use the day to confirm that I am completely in love with you." or "Oh yeah our close contact last night led me into a total gay awakening that I used the day to recover from." Hell no, so I lied.

"Well Y/N you look better than you did last night. Not that you didn't look good last night, uh, you just looked sick when you left my house." She stumbles over her words and part of me feels like she knows the real reason why I skipped school. Part of me also thinks she could almost feel the same way. But that's impossible, right? I mean it felt like she was leaning in for a kiss but I could just be imagining it in my head.

"Y/N?" Robin says and I realized I just spaced out. "Should I go?"

"No, no. Actually, come inside." I invite Robin in and hopefully, I can figure out what to do about this new information I learned about myself.

Robin and I walk over to my bedroom and sit down.

"You know I didn't expect your room to be just as plain as you said it was." She says pushing my shoulder and giving me the most beautiful smile.

"Hey! At least my walls don't look like random collages of random things."

"You say that like it's a bad thing." She laughs when she says this.

"Yeah, that was a really bad comeback..." I trail off and start nervously picking at my nails.

Robin lets out a huge sigh. "Listen Y/N. I think I know why you left early yesterday. I mean I'm pretty sure you aren't actually sick. Even if you were I know how you are and you would've come to school."

"Wait, you know?" I start panicking and I know she can see it on my face.

"Yes, I do." She places her hand on top of mine which sends an electric shock all throughout my body. "You don't want to come to Europe with me, do you?" I'm almost disappointed at this because I was hoping she would say what I needed to hear. That she already knew that it was because I liked her and she felt the same way.

"Oh my gosh, no Robin no." I start laughing because that is probably furthest from the truth.

She tightens her grip on my hand. "Then what is it? You know you can tell me anything. Unless it has to do with Steve 'The Hair' Harrington or rabies. You know I hate both of those subjects." She offers me a soft smile.

"Robin I-... I can't." I hang my head low.

"What do you mean you can't? Are you in any danger? Is someone threatening you? If that's the case I will literally knock them out for you, no questions asked." At this point, I just start sobbing because I don't know what to do and all of my emotions have been building up leading to this moment.

"No don't cry. It's okay, it's okay." Robin pulls me closer to her and holds my hand in hers and her other hand is rubbing my head which is resting on her chest. We sit there in silence for what feels like ages and finally I stop crying.

I lift my head up and say "I'm sorry. I'm not normally like this, I just don't know what's going on and I feel like I don't even know myself right now." She starts to wipe the leftover tears off of my face.

"It's okay, I know what you mean." She says pulling me into a hug. Does she really know what I mean? I hope to God she does.

Time Pass

I wake up and I feel a migraine coming on. But I can't help to notice that someone is softly playing with my hair and rubbing the side of my head. I raise my head up and I see Robin, back against the wall, sitting on my bed. My head had been placed in her lap while I was napping. I must have fallen asleep after I put on a mixtape.

"Hi, sleepyhead you look rough." She says as she moves a piece of hair that was in front of my eyes.

"Sorry I fell asleep on you. I guess I didn't get enough sleep last night. Do you know what time it is?" My head is throbbing.

"It's 6:00." Holy shit... 6??? That means I've been asleep for at least an hour and a half.

"Oh shit, Robin. Did my dad come in?" I can't believe I was out for that long. I haven't taken a nap in like 7 years.

"Yeah, he thanked me for coming to check in on you and he said he would be making dinner." She smiles that beautiful smile at me.

"Are you gonna stay for dinner?" As much as it makes me freak out a little inside, the thought of Robin staying to have dinner with me and my dad, I think it would be nice.

"Yeah, I can if you want me to. It's not like I have anything at home. My parents are still gone so there's nothing there for me."

Robin and I head to the kitchen to see what my dad is doing.

Time Pass

We finished dinner and now I'm walking Robin back to her house. She's trailing her bike beside her.

"So about what you said earlier..." She stops walking.

"Look Robin, you don't have to worry it's fine. I really just-" she grabs my hand.

"I did it too."

"Did what too?"

"I reacted just like this when I realized. I mean it didn't take long for me to know. I couldn't stop staring at this one girl in class and I was so confused. But then it all started to make sense. But I panicked for a good couple of days about it. Anyways, that's not the point, the point is that I know how you're feeling." Robin is running her thumb over my hand. That's when I realized she knew exactly what I was talking about this whole time. Maybe that's why she was considering telling Tammy about Operation Croissant.

We don't talk about it but she laces her fingers into mine and we start walking to her house. I stopped panicking as soon as she made it clear that she understood me. For some reason, this felt so natural, almost like we've done it a thousand times. I take in this moment because whether or not I realized it till last night, I have been waiting for this for weeks.

We reach her front step and she lets go of my hand and turns to look at me. We are so close I can feel her breathe.

"I don't know what's happening here or what's about to happen, but whatever it is, I'm glad." She looks at me differently than anyone has ever looked at me. Her eyes were dark in the moonlight but still crystal blue.

At this point I am speechless and I think she can tell. She leans in and kisses me on the cheek and turns around opening her front door. "Goodnight, Y/L/N."

I watch as she closes the door and I press my hand to my cheek where it was still wet from her kiss. 

That seriously just happened. One second I find out I'm gay and the next I'm holding hands with the girl I love, walking her home from having dinner with my dad.

Is this a dream?
—————————————————————————
Hey guys! I hope this chapter is a great build-up for what is to come! Thank you for reading so far. Feel free to comment and ask questions or give feedback on the content. What is your favorite Stranger Things season? Mine is season 3!