Bright Yellow Chuck Taylor's

I wake from a dream the next morning and sit in my bed thinking about it. It was about my new band class and of course since I fell asleep thinking about her, Robin was in it. I was teaching her how to play something and we were laughing because I kept messing up. I played it over and over again in my head until it became hard to recall every detail. I finally get up to get ready for school.

I decided to go the same way I did the day before. When I was a block away from the school I could hear the distant sound of bike chains and I turned to see her. It was Robin but it looked like she was starting to slow down. I wasn't sure if she knew it was me or not so I quickly turned around. My face became even hotter as the sound was getting closer.

"Y/N!!!" I turn to her and she is getting off the seat and trails the bike next to her. I wave and give her a smile that might've been a little too much.

"Hey, Robin. Glad to see that you aren't in such a hurry today." I smirk and she rolls her eyes at me.

"Well, I wasn't going to mention that because I was hoping you didn't know it was me. But here we are." She winks at me and I start to melt inside. I don't even know why I keep feeling this way or why I haven't had a Robin-less thought since before seeing her in Mr. Hauser's class yesterday.

"Haha, I am kidding. I honestly thought you would've forgotten all about it." I say as we walk across the street to the bike racks.

"I did until I recognized the back of your head when you walked into Hauser's class yesterday. Oh and those bright yellow Chuck Taylor's. That was the defining factor in realizing you were the person I almost pummelled yesterday." She elbows me and laughs. For what feels like forever we look into each other's eyes and I quickly shift my eyes away. Robin rubs the back of her neck and says, "We should get inside before the bell rings."

We walk inside and she follows me to my first class. "Bye, um, I'll see you in band... right?" she says with a hopeful look on her face.

"Yeah." I give her a soft smile and she turns away. I watch as she walks down the hall and for some reason I hate to be away from her for the next two class periods. I look down at my "bright yellow" Chuck Taylor's and smile. They just became one of my favorite things I own in a matter of three seconds.

I think it's funny how she knew who I was from band but then it took her a second to realize that I was also the same person from yesterday morning. Only seeing each other in our musty band uniforms must be the sole reason for that.

Time Pass

The bell to leave second-period rings and I gather all of my things so quickly to be the first out the door. I want to get to band before most people so I can find my new seat and get the music for that class.

As soon as I walk through the door I see Robin and she waves me over. "You'll sit in the first chair of course."

"And why is that?" I say, giving her a playful, questioning look.

"Because you are literally known for being the best trumpet player." after she says that she air-plays and mimics a trumpet sound.

"And where do you sit?" I am hopeful she sits near the first chair trumpet so we can talk about the music and make fun of each other of course.

"Oh, I sit next to the last trumpet." Some of the excitement fleets from her face when she says this but I just hope she can't read the disappointment on my face.

"Well, I guess we'll just have to change that. Maybe I can get Miss Genovese to let me sit last since I'm new to the class and all." I wink at her and take my seat. I hear her laugh and I start unpacking my trumpet.

The class goes by surprisingly fast except for the one part where Miss Genovese makes me stand up and introduce myself then she makes me play. I glanced over to Robin and she is trying to hold in a laugh but is still clapping for me.

"I hope you don't think that was as bad as your face is letting on. I mean I wish I could play like that. You know, you could go pretty far with that stuff. Miss Genovese could help you. Only if that's something you want to do of course." Robin looks lit up like a Christmas tree as we leave the band room.

"It's not really my passion. I don't particularly even like it to be honest." I laugh after that last part because I actually really hate the trumpet but she doesn't need to know that.

"Are you serious? Y/N! You know how many people wish to sound like you?" I laugh and she says "What do you even want to do anyway? You know, after High School."

"I want to get out of Hawkins and travel the world." I look down thinking she'll say something like "you'll never get out of here" or "doesn't it take a lot to travel the world?".

"Really?" is all she says. She looks completely shocked.

"Yeah. Really. I know it stu-" I get cut off.

"It's not stupid! That's exactly what I want to do. Wait, hold on. Where are you going for lunch period?" She says as we start coming up on the cafeteria doors.

"Uh, I normally go sit in the library."

"Come with me to Hauser." she pulls me in the direction of his room.

As we walk in I hear "Robin, I see you brought I friend today." Mr. Hauser is sitting at his desk grading papers.

"Yeah. I think I'm gonna tell her about operation croissant." Robin says looking at Hauser then she smiles back at me.

"Excellent." He starts to get up and says "I'll be back in a few minutes. Y/N, you're always welcome in here." Then he walks out.

Robin and I sit down and she starts telling me all about this plan she came up with earlier this year. About Europe and how she has been trying to find someone to go with her and how she was going to ask Tammy Thompson but she didn't even know her so it would've been weird. I wondered for a second why she would consider asking someone she didn't even know but I let it slip my mind as she kept talking.

"Are you interested?" She says after wrapping up all of the details. I had been so encapsulated over what she was telling me. Her eyes were so bright and filled with excitement and the excitement grew in me the more she talked about it.

"Hell yeah. That is probably the coolest thing I've ever heard and the first time anybody has ever asked me to do something with them Robin... uhh-" at that moment I realize I don't even know her last name.

"Buckley." she laughs. "It's Buckley."

"Well Robin Buckley, you are a certified badass." I wink at her and she shoves my shoulder.

For the rest of lunch and fifth period, we talk about this elaborate plan. I find myself taking every moment of it in. How could Robin Buckley, who I just talked to for the first time the day before, be making me feel like every day from now on would be worthless without these little moments? No one has ever made me like them to the point where I decided they would be a good candidate to be my friend. Maybe there's more to Robin than she is letting on. How could I like being around her so much?

—————————————————————————-
Hey guys! I hope you liked this 2nd chapter. I'm trying to build the relationship up in this one. Sorry if the characters aren't exactly portrayed correctly. I will be making edits as I go along to help make their dialogue a little more fitting. Let me know what you think of this chapter!