17. deke gets shot

Start from the beginning

        "You were holding it like the thing was about to explode," Deke explained. "You have to hold it with a firm grip."

        Rose frowned, "I- I wasn't holding it like that," she said sheepishly.

        "You were," Deke replied, as his fingertips grazed the side of her hand once more. "Now, make sure you're hands are straight out when you are holding it, or else you could break your arms.

        Rose took a deep breath in, "Okay, what next?" she asked slowly.

        "Close your right eye and keep your gaze forward, make sure to keep your finger on the trigger, like this," Deke said, guiding her right hand down slightly so that it was near the handle. She moved her finger ever so slightly to the left, looping one of her fingers around the smaller piece of metal, settling in on the trigger. She felt a weight lift off of her hands and she knew that he let go of her hands. Deke peered over her shoulder and continued his instructions. "And then when you feel confident enough, you press as hard as you can and shoot. You can do it, Rosie, I believe in you."

        She turned her head to the left and was met with a soft smile. Rose's heart skipped a beat, she had no idea why. "Oh," she sounded in a low whisper, her eyes connecting with his for a split second. Her face was inches away from his. She didn't know what to do, and she honestly wasn't sure if she should do anything. Rose could feel her heart beating against her rib cage at a rapid pace. She hated feeling like this, it wasn't like her to be so- speechless. What the hell was happening to her? "That's how you do it."

        Deke rolled his eyes, "I told you to keep your eyes forward," he said with a small laugh.

        Rose tore her eyes away, facing back toward the front of the target range. "Right, yeah, how could I be so stupid," she said quickly as her hand began to shake. "Uh, thanks for the help. It was very- uh- helpful," she finished, trying to steady her voice.

        "The help was helpful?" Deke asked, raising his eyebrow.

        Rose looked down at the ground, "I did say that, yeah," she mumbled, placing the weapon back at her side.

        "Hey, you two," Daisy said, appearing behind the both of them. "We're gonna touch down, try and canvas the area on foot. Let Coulson come to us," she explained.

        Rose nodded and followed the brunette out of the room, placing the gun in the holster that Daisy had given her earlier.

*.·:·. .·:·.*

        It didn't take the four of them that long to find Coulson and the other mysterious man who Rose still didn't recognize. The pair was being chased by a mysterious woman in all black. Daisy used her powers to quake the girl against a nearby rock. Her metal mask made a clanging noise as it hit the ground.

        Coulson looked at the four of them, relief flooding his facial features. "You got your powers back?" he asked Daisy.

        Daisy nodded, "It's a long story. May, Rose, get them back to the Zephyr," she instructed. "I'll take care of her."

        May frowned, "Not a chance."

        "It's a rescue mission," Daisy said, looking down at Coulson and the other guy. "Look at them." Daisy was right, the pair was in terrible shape.

        May nodded, throwing their arms over her shoulder. Rose walked behind the three of them awkwardly, Deke on her tail.

        Coulson coughed, "So, how'd you find us?"