When I was older, around 15 years old, my mother told us that she wanted us to move out when I turned 18, we didn't care at the time because she wasn't home often anyway, she went somewhere to drink or when she was home she just shouted at us and we knew that we were better off anywhere else. Gemma then started working at least two jobs at once, I found a part-time job and after my 18th birthday, we moved in with Gemma's friends until we had enough money for our apartment. It didn't take long because we had enough saved up.

And that's why Gemma cares about saving money, yes, we're better off than the average citizen now, but that's only because we got money from our father when he died after drinking himself to death. If it weren't for my sister, I probably would never have painted and would still be living with my mother."

Louis almost stopped the car so that he could redirect all his attention to his boyfriend. Now that he thinks about it, it probably wasn't a good idea to deal with something like that while driving when he could hurt someone.

"Love, I... I'm not sure what to say. I want you to know that you are incredibly strong and I can't imagine that you had to go through something like that, I don't understand why the worst always happens to the best people if I could I would take at least half of your burden on me. On the other hand, I'm extremely happy that Gemma is the way she is, and I'm also very sorry for her, but she must have an extremely big heart," he tells Harry, looking between Harry and the road.

And he means it, he would take all Harry's troubles on his back so that Harry could have the life he wants because he is the person who deserves it the most.

"I couldn't ask for anyone better than you. When I tell you that in a few days I can show you how much you mean to me, I mean it." Harry leans over the console and kisses Louis' cheek making him all flustered because he realizes that this is what life looks like with Harry. With his perfect Harry with less perfect experiences and memories, he would still change absolutely nothing.

"I'm always here for you, when you call me at night that you're sad or something bothers you, I'm right there with you, even if I'd rather you were next to me in bed every day so I could make sure you're okay," Louis tells him with a frown on his face because he is aware that he would be more satisfied if Harry was lying next to him every morning when he opens his eyes.

🦋🦋🦋

It's been almost a week since Harry and Louis returned from Louis' parents. They both went back to their busy lifestyle and spent only a few moments together, the first day they came back Louis refused to let Harry go home so Harry slept with him, and then when they were together with Liam and Zayn in a cafe where they announced that they are finally together. It was funny and at the same time pleasing to see their reactions, they knew they would be happy for them and would want to know every detail.

The only person who doesn't know about it is Niall just because he is coming home from holidays today, and that's why Louis is now standing in his office, all work done and with a phone in his hand is waiting for Niall, obviously, he's late.

how is it going, babe?

Louis reads a message from Harry on his phone screen, smiling because he loves when Harry calls him pet names, he knows he will never get tired of it.

it's not going because Niall isn't here yet but I know everything will be okay he will be happy for us. When are you coming? :)

Harry is supposed to come right after their friend leaves because they are finally going to visit Gemma together, which Louis is extremely looking forward to, but at the same time, he is nervous and afraid that he will spoil the first real impression.