3 | where's will?

Start from the beginning

"You scared the shit out of me!" Joey shouted, looking down at her jeans that had flecks of mud now on them.

"You scared the shit out of us!" Dustin said, letting his arms fall to his sides exasperatedly.
"We thought you were a monster." Lucas exclaimed.

Joey scoffed. "We're in Hawkins, there's no such thing."

"What are you doing here anyway?" Mike asked her, handing her a flashlight of her own.

"Looking for Will, with Steph and Jonathan."

The boys shared a look.

"I'm guessing you're here for the same thing?"

"Yeah." Lucas let out a sigh, "He took Mirkwood last night-"

"After the D&D game." Joey finished.

"I was there, he turned right as normal and now he's not here." Dustin said.

"I should've gone with him. He's a sensitive kid, I'm the one protecting him most of the time." Joey exhaled sadly.

"He can fend for himself," Lucas bellowed, making himself appear taller, "He's 12. He's not a kid."

"I'm not saying that, Lucas." Joey snapped, "I'm just annoyed that my best friend has gone missing."

"How'd you think I feel? He's my best friend too!" Lucas was starting to get defensive.

"No, you don't get it! Will's like my brother, we've known eachother since we were two!" Joey furrowed her brow, watching the rain drip off Lucas' nose.

"Guys..." Mike hollered, as Lucas and Joey continued their argument, "Guys!"

The three turned to Mike, and they heard a rustle of leaves.

They turned on their heels and was shocked to find a small and skinny girl, with buzzed hair.

She was dressed in a yellow shirt that was soaking and she was shaking from the rain.

Joey turned to Mike and watched him
stare inquisitively at her.

Who the hell was this girl?

"Sorry Jonathan." Steph embraced him tightly and Joey wiggled her eyebrows at him. He narrowed his eyes at the 12 year old who was acting incredibly immature in his books.

"It's okay, he might come back soon."

"He probably will. It's Will, he maybe just needed some time alone. We all do sometimes." Joey suggested, bitting the skin around her nails.

Steph and Jonathan stared at her, aghast.

"What?"

"That's actually the only smart thing you've said tonight." Steph said, her eyes still locked on her sister.

"Yeah, literally. Thanks Joey." Jonathan gulped, still very confused from
the comment.

"Let's go Steph, I'm cold, I'm bored." Steph rolled her eyes and chuckled, looking to Jonathan.
"And dumbass Joey's back." Jonathan smiled, waving to the girls.

"So," Joey began, "Was your date with Steve or not?" Joey questioned, twirling her hair around her index finger. Steph pursed her lips, trying to suppress her grin.
"Yes.."

Joey's jaw dropped fast.
"What?!"
"Yeah, he asked me out, I think he actually likes me." Steph bit on her bottom lip hard, a red mark appearing.

"You got a date with Steve fucking Harrington?" Joey's voice went high pitch with disbelief.

"Language!" Steph laughed.

"Steph, he's dreamy, he's so dreamy."

"Ew, stop. You're gross Joey."

"No, but Steve Harrington? He's just so...ow!"

Joey stumbled backwards as someone bumped into her with force.

"Joey?" a slurring voice asked. As Joey's eyes adjusted, she could just make out who it was.
"Brendon?"

"Oh shit." he said, clutching onto her shoulder for support. Joey heard the substance in the bottle he was holding sloshing around.

"Brendon, are you drunk?" Joey sighed, as he moved his head down to her shoulder, smelling the scent of her hair. Joey ran her fingers through his hair.

"So, you guys a couple or something?"

"Fuck, is that a ghost?" Brendon clutched Joey's hand.

"She looks like one. It's my sister."

"Shit, I can't make out with you now." Brendon pouted his bottom lip.

"Let's get you home Brendon." Joey shifted on her feet, awkwardly.

" Joey shifted on her feet, awkwardly