38 > "That's enough hugs for one day." ~ Giovanna

I was browsing through this book to get a feel of the characters and I'm appalled by the amount of spelling errors 😭
------------------------------------------------------
Giovanna' pov:

After both Armella and I had changed we both flopped down on her bed, and layed there - unmoving. I chewed on my bottom lip as I soon became lost amongst the gloomy thoughts that swirled around my head.

"Hey Giovanna?" Armella called me.

"Hi." I responded sarcastically and I could just tell that she was rolling her eyes.

"Can I ask you something?" She questioned and I felt the bed shift as she sat up, crossing her legs and grabbing a pillow which she put in her lap.

"Go ahead." I told her as I rolled over to face her.

"Back in the, the janitors closest. What happened? With you, I mean. I've never seen such a wild look in your eyes. It just seemed so..." She trailed off as she studied me.

"I guess I just lost control." I told her, more truth to my statement than she realised.

"Did- did it trigger something?" She asked and I sucked in a breath.

Hit the nail on the head with that question.

"Maybe?" I tried giving her as an answer. I began picking at her bedspread, focusing my attention on the white coloured material.

"That's not a definite yes, or a definite no." She replied.

"Yes, yes it did." I let out after her intense stare remained on me for a solid 20 seconds.

I hate people staring at me.

Creeps me the hell out.

"What exactly did it trigger?" She questioned before quickly adding a 'if you don't mind me asking' in.

I sighed and pulled myself up, propping pillows against her headboard and leaning back, sitting cross legged as well.

"Just some old memories." I replied vaguely, not sure if I wanted to tell her or not.

I looked up to see her glancing at me as if waiting for my explanation.

"You really wanna know, don't you?" I asked her, chuckling lightly at the end of my question and she nodded her head yes.

"I don't know if you know," I began but quickly interrupted my own statement. "Well it seems as if everyone in this goddamn house knows, that I got suspended for a week back at my old school?" I asked.

"You did?" She asked and for a second I thought she genuinely didn't know. "Why am I not surprised?" She gave me a sarcastic smile and I could only shoot her a glare.

"Yeah yeah." I waved her off acting nonchalant before gulping to hide my fear. "Well the reason for that was that I beat a kid up. Really badly. He ended up in hospital for the same amount of time I got suspended for."

"What did you beat him up for?" She asked seemingly afraid of my answer as she caught the gist of where I was going with the story.

"The same reason I beat up the guy from this morning for." I let out in a whisper, hoping that she wouldn't hear me.

I heard her suck in a breath and when I looked at her, there were unshed tears in her eyes.

"That's sorta how I figured something was wrong earlier. I kind of...did the same thing." I continued. "You know, try to get the feeling of their hands off you?"