Chapter Three.

A/N: I’m sorry, I know it’s been a long time but I kinda gave up on this story because I thought no-one was reading it but I decided to continue it anyway.

Summer’s Point Of View.

“Jer, Come on. We’re going to be late for school. That’s not a good first impression.” I shouted up the stairs. And I thought it was meant to be girls who took forever to get ready.

I took a look in the mirror and fluffed up my hair. Okay, let’s get this straight. I’m not one of those girls who look like barbies and always fuss over the way they look but I do like to look good. Especially, if it’s my first day of school.

I have to admit I was kinda nervous. I hadn’t left the house since Friday night. Not because I was scared of Jake but because I didn’t want to pay for what happened. Okay, so I was kinda scared. I’m pretty sure you don’t knee the most popular guy around and get away with it.

Just then, Jeremy came trudging downstairs with a sour look on his face. So, nothing unusual there.

“Ready?” I asked grabbing my keys.

“Yeah, so I’ll see you later.” He made to leave but I grabbed the back of his coat and pulled him back.

“Where do you think you’re going?” I asked.

“To school. I’m getting a lift with some mates.”

I raised my eyebrows. “Mates? What mates?” It was only three days ago he got himself beaten up.

“Some guys.”

I let out a deep breath. “Jer, your not getting yourself into any trouble are you?”

“No, okay. God, stop worrying, your not my mum!” I gasped and he bit his lip, ashamed.

“I know. I’m not trying to be. I’m just trying to look out for you.”

“I don’t need you to.” Then he slammed the door in my face.

Well, I guess I was walking to school on my own.

“Sorry, I’m late.” I cringed as I shut the door behind me.

The teacher looked up from the book he was reading and squinted at me.

“Ah, you must be Summer. I’m Mr Duncan your new English Teacher. Take a seat.” He motioned to the only free seat at the front of the room.

I went to my seat feeling the stares of the rest of the class burning into my back.

“Hey.” The girl next to me whispered softly. I chanced a glance at her and noticed she had mid-length hair and blue eyes.

“I’m Amy.” She held out her hand which I shook. “Welcome to hell.” I laughed then realised she may not have been joking.

“Summer, I just moved here from Lima.” She nodded then shared her book when Mr Duncan started talking.

At the end of the lesson, I asked her where the toilets were and she told me she’d come with me.

She reapplied her lip-gloss while I went into the cubicle.

I heard the door open and footsteps move across the floor.

“Amy, there you are. Where have you been all weekend. We have to tell you something and you’re not going to like it.”

“Oh, sorry. I was away with Jake the whole weekend. He turned up on my doorstep on Friday night and told me to pack my bags for a romantic weekend. I don’t what got into him.” Amy replied.

I blanched. No! Only I could become sorta friends with the girl who’s dating the guy that came onto me. But why would Jake do that in the first place if he had a girlfriend? He was worse than I thought.

“We know what got into him. Guilt. He was with some girl at the party on Friday.” Another girl.

You have got to be kidding me. I peeked through the keyhole to find the red head and blonde that had glared at me on Friday. So that’s why...

“What? Do I know her? Jake wouldn’t do that to me.”  Amy’s hysterical voice drifted through the air.

“No. I think shes new in town. She had long dark hair and blue eyes. Stunning but her butt was a little small.”

My butt was not small. I mean it wasn’t huge but it wasn’t small anyway.

“Really?” Amy questioned and I heard footsteps crossing the room. “Did she look like this?” Suddenly, the door burst open and Amy stood in front of me glaring while tears ran down her face.

“That’s her.” The blonde pointed. Well you don’t say.

“I swear...” I started shaking my head but Amy ran out the room.

I followed her grabbing my bag. “I didn’t know.” I screamed down the hallway. Only aware how loud it was when people turned to stare.

Will stood by a locker. He looked at me sadly then when I caught his eye turned back to his locker again.

Well,  great. I guess any friend I tried to make turned back and bit me on the butt.

A/N: Thanks for reading. Please comment and Fan.

Pic of Amy down the side.  MrsxSalvatore. X