Rewrite the Stars Part 18

Chapter 18:

By the next morning, the newly engaged couple were surrounded by different questions from their friends, family, and servants. When's the marriage ceremony? What are you going to wear, Masika? Many more questions make the new bride nervous and almost get an anxiety attack. When she became the Queen of Thieves, no one asked her these questions and her marriage to Bakura quickly became one.

Pharaoh Atem wanted to comfort his future queen, but his responsibilities as pharaoh are always taking him away. But he reminds himself he will see her at night.

Masika steps away from the questions and finds herself in the royal gardens. The gardens are one of the few places of the palace where very few people have permission to enter. She takes a deep breath as she sits under a tree. "Why are they asking me questions that I have no answers to?" the young bride asked herself with her eyes closed. "Saying yes to Atem is easy, but why isn't everyone in agreement?"

"Because you're meant to be the Queen of Thieves," a familiar voice startles her a little.

Masika opens her eyes and turns her head in the direction of the voice. Standing before her is the King of Thieves himself, Bakura, but in spirit form. "B-Bakura?" she asked softly, wanting to make sure it was him.

He smirks his usual evil smirk and nods his head. "Hello, my queen," Bakura greets with a chuckle.

"My king!" she smiles happily, running towards him.

The spirit wraps his arms around her body and it feels just like he was physical. "I have missed you, Masika," Bakura tells her softly.

"I missed you too, Bakura," she whispers back. "Are you," Masika pulls away to face him, "are you okay with me marrying Atem?"

"Not one bit," his eyes narrow as he slightly growls. "But you will always be my queen and I'll be waiting for you in the afterlife."

"I thought the Shadow Releam is darker than the afterlife," she tells him.

"It is, but I will be waiting for you because I love you so much," Bakura finally says the words with a true smile.

Masika's surprised and she looks for any sign of lying. There wasn't and feels tears lining her eyes. "I love you too so much," she says it with a huge smile.

Bakura grins evilly, pulling Masika closer for a kiss.

"Masika? Masika, wake up, my queen," another male voice speaks.

The young bride finds herself waking up from a slumber that she didn't know she was having. "Huh? Atem?" she asked groggily, a little sleepy.

Pharaoh Atem chuckles a little. "Did you have a good sleep?" he asked, kneeling next to her.

"I think so, I didn't know I fell asleep," Masika admits, stretching her limbs.

"Were they giving you a hard time?" he asked, concerned.

"Everyone was asking me questions that I didn't have answers for and there are some people who aren't happy with the announcement," she sighs, sadly.

"Seriously?" he sighs. "You know what, it's not think about them." The pharaoh leans closer. "If anyone's going to accept you, then they're not worth it."

"But I don't want to be dubbed as the bad queen," her eyes are half-closed as she blushes at how close her handsome pharaoh is to her face.

"Sometimes, making difficult decisions includes separating yourself from others," their foreheads meet, "but you're the one that I want to keep forever, even in the afterlife." He kisses her compassionately.

She kisses him, blushing more and wrapping her arms around his neck.

Lunch arrives. Masika sits on Pharoah Atem's left while Sadiki sits on his right. Food is served first by the pharaoh and then by everyone else. He noticed that his bride and her father are two of the last ones to be served. That's one of the first things that needs to change.

He takes a sip of his drink and then a bit of his food, having everyone else begin as well. Maybe this will be a good time to talk about the marriage ceremony, but before he speaks, the young pharaoh sees Masika's head is kinda low while focusing on her food. Uncomfortable stares and glares of hatred are secretly benign and sent directly toward the future queen from countless people outside of their friends.

The black-haired beauty feels the negativity surrounding her, but what angers her husband is that she's numb to the judgment. He had enough.

Pharaoh Atem slams his goblet down on the table, creating a loud slam to get everyone's attention. "For all of you who don't like or even appreciate Masika," he stands on his feet, glaring at his servants and people in the palace, "she's the one who I am going to marry and become Queen of Egypt! I am getting sick and tired of her mentally suffering from you all! If anyone who still sees her as a "slave", there's the door," he points towards the direction of the exit door.

Masika kept her head down. She doesn't want to see how many of his staff would leave. There were some people who did leave the palace, but some of the people moved around. Their dear friends, Mana, Mahad, and Isis move closer to the small family.

Mahad, being like the big brother of the group, wraps his arms around the numb little girl who hugs him back for comfort.