Chapter 34 - The Choice Pt 1

Start from the beginning

Surprisingly, they did, and you glanced back up with a raised eyebrow.

A dark teal dust swirled into existence in front of you, and you grit your teeth, eyes returning to the horizon.

How oh-so-perfect was the timing of the moon finally peaking over as the one person you did not want to talk to stepped forward.

"Y/N-"

Sounds were drowned out as the familiar feeling of Cynthis rushed through you, eyes turning white and your consciousness sucked out of your body.

~~~

Xiao POV (woahhhh pov change!)

My voice died as Y/N was obviously transported to her euthymia, and I sighed. I sat down, fidgeting with my fingers.

"Xiao?"

My eyes snapped up in surprise as a fuzzy transparent image of Y/N crouched in front of me. There were a lot of emotions on her face as she squinted her eyes. "Is it you?"

My head tilted in confusion. Y/N had gone already, so who...

My eyes went wide.

"X-Xiu?"

~~~

Y/N POV

You stumbled forward, arms swinging to maintain your balance as your body took form. You squinted, your eyes focusing.

Lunaria stood motionless in front of you, eyes scrutinizing you. You shifted uncomfortably, tugging at your sleeve.

"You have a day left." She said.

"I know."

"You and Xiao-"

"That's none of your business." You snapped, glaring at her.

Lunaria pursed her lips.

"Have you decided?" She asked, changing the subject.

Your eyes drifted away. "I'm not sure."

She tilted her head. "Why? You could have all the power you ever wanted here."

You frowned. "What if-"

"You have subjects that could help you rebuild your nation, that can get you whatever you want."

"But-"

"You can have everything you ever wanted here. Celestia will look upon you and gift you with power none of the other archons have if you only-"

"And what about my feelings?!"

"...?"

"Have you ever considered that maybe some of us don't want to go through this? That we enjoy our lives on Earth? That we might not actually like the position we're in?? Maybe this is why almost NO ONE has chosen to stay. And honestly? Now I'm considering it."

Lunaria studied you coldly, the tension around the two of you growing. But you held your ground, gritting your teeth.

Lunaria finally spoke up, "Fine. You want to see what your life on Earth would be?"

She leaned down, face inches away from yours, and stone-cold.

"Go and see."

She snapped her fingers.

You doubled over, having to hold in a gag as it felt like your insides were turning inside out then doing 4 backflips. You put a hand on your mouth - or the general direction of it, you couldn't tell if you did.

You fell forward, coughing. There was an ear-piercing screech, and you almost sobbed from the sensation of everything. Your eyes were burning, and your skin felt like it was on fire.

You're eyesight was blurry, ears ringing. White light enveloped your vision, and you instinctively covered your eyes. When the nausea subsided, you slowly opened them...

To let out a strangled cry as you look around in a panic.

.

.

.

why is writing so hard 😭

love you all thank you for reading my fanfic ❤️

make sure to take care of yourself!

~vae