"Ask Nandini to gaurd Chitra and increase the fort security. Anyone suspicious in jail. And send Maharaj Arun's forces back to Devgiri by tommorow morning." I ordered Sumraj who nodded understanding how wrong his hypothesis were. "That includes your parents and Sangli family as well." I added seeing his expressionless face. "I will prepare at once." He said giving me a curt bow and rushing off to fulfill my orders in next pahar. I signed as I went back to my chambers to ready for the court. The morning was already spoilt who knows how the entire day will go.

"This is what the progress in this month ?" I asked to the people's work minister in my court as utter silence spread. "According to the resources. We should have completed the foundation of four large dams and construction of seven smaller dams in the kingdom. Yet there is absolutely not progress in them. We had still not started the construction of the dam accross Sabarmati which was supposed to half way done at present." I said reading the reports presented to me in the court. All the corresponding officials and ministers had their heads hanged down in shame. I signed if I forced them to much they will end up forcing the people to work in their steads.

"What excuse do you have this time ?" I asked desperately trying to calm my anger down. "Your Majesty." One brave soul came forward and spoke. "The majority of the workers are malnourished and weak. They can only handle a small amount of work at given time. If we force them too much they will end up sick and ill." The person stepped back. This was one of the newly appointed official from people's work. "Maharaj I have a suggestion." The high priest of Suryagadh of course appointed by old man stood up. He is well over eightes and looked like will kick the bucket anytime now.

"I think we should sacrifice few cows to goddess to please her. In return she will help us with the dams." He said as I looked at him expressionless. Most of the bootlickers agreed with him. Maybe thinking I am controlled by my father and getting on his good side will help them get higher in hierarchy. But many did looked in disagreement with him. But none opposed. "Who is supporting this idea ?" I thought to say bullshit but then reigned in my tongue. We Devrajs are not known for our clean language forethermore I am a king now. Each and every of my sentence and action is measured and calculated and analysed. Many raised there hands but the unraised hands didn't get unnoticed by me as well. "How many disagree ?" I asked.

Only four hands were raised in fullest. Sumraj, Vinay ji, Reteka and one more hand from the public. I recognised it immediately. Chitra Rajput. What the hell she is doing here ? I questioned myself. Throwing a glare at Sumraj which went unnoticed by the court whos eyes are trailed on Chitra. Dressed in a simple cotton sari and simple bangles and bindi. She looked divine. Simple yet elegant in her own way. She stood out among entire court. It's a wonder no one noticed her before. "Who are you to oppose me ?" The priest bellowed. "Who's court is this Acharya ?" I asked immediately the entire court's gaze snapped to us from Chitra. "Maharaj..." He began but my face became cold.

"This is my court. We have only civil conversations here. If you want to shout you are more than welcome to join the street vendors." I said to him. He looked down in humiliation. "Rajkumari Chitra why did you disagree ?" I almost felt bad to call her out but it's necessary. I can easily comb out the traitors now. Half of the court looked in astonishment. They didn't expected her to be a princess. That to the eldest one. They never saw her. "Pandit ji." She began with simple namaskar as she came infront of court. "According to shastra's what she the status given to cows ?" She asked. I smirked knowing she is trying to trap Aacharya in his own words. He looked angery also sensing her intentions. But he is already deep. There is no chance but to tell what she is asking.

"She is equal to mother. She should be protected and considered scared in many Vedas and holy scriptures. She is considered as the embody of mother earth." He completed as the court held in there breaths for what's coming next. "Then why she is supposed to sacrificed infront of goddess ?" She questioned proving her point. The priest is now seething in anger. "Manish ji. Do you agree with Aacharya ?" I asked immediately after Chitra completed not wanting to further engage with Aacharya. "I do not Maharaj." I asked leaning on my throne. "As your subjects we must agree on what you say Your Highness. We can give our advise but the end decision is yours." He completed.

I looked at my courtiers totally surprised. Sumraj gasped as well. "Is this was how things were run in Dalpatgarh and Devgiri ?" I asked Vinay ji my Maha Mantri who in return nodded at me grimly. "They still are." He added. "No wonder that old man had gone mental from all this and wanted Alekhya to take over." I murmured to myself only so that Sumraj can hear me. He let out a chuckle but later covered it with a cough. "If all decisions are supposed to made by me then what's the use of keeping councils of advisors and ministers around." I asked them all looked down. "The end decisions are supposed to be made by me but to make perfect decision your input, experience and thought process is necessary.

This is what we talked in the first court session. Feel free to express your thoughts on next discussions." I ordered calmly but yet cold and firmly. Many nodded at me with a expression of relief. "About the sacrificial ceremony Maha..." I cut off the Ascharya before he can continue. "Rajkumari Chitra cleared that Aacharya. There will be no sacrifical ceremony. We will be holding puja on Deepawali." I cleared myself once more but the Aacharya looked as if want to feed me to sharks. "This is how it always happened in Devgiri and Dalpatgarh before Maharaj." He yelled. I glared at him. The usual smile vanishing from my face replaced by cold rage that made warriors tremble.

"This is Suryagadh Aacharya. Not Devgiri, not Dalpatgarh. There will be no sacrifical ceremony. I had already made myself clear." I said my normal words resonated in the oval court. Each and every word loud and clear to listen. "This will bring destruction Your Highness." He said as I turned my head to address the issues of constructions. I glared at him and then smiled. "You might not know but this is how it's always been. Your precursors had always followed...." I cut him off before he can further countinue. "Sumraj. Aacharya had grown extremely old. If you were this old what will you do ?" I asked ignoring him totally. "I will go on a piligrim Your Majesty." He replied with a slight smirk on his face sensing my plan.

"Aacharya due to your absolute service to the nation. I am granting you an piligrim to Char Dham. Virat please see him till the borders." I pleasantly ordered Virat who looked equally pleased with my idea and nearly dragged Ascharya out. "Mark my words king. You and this girl will bring destruction to the kingdom." He said going out of the court. What a hassle I thought as the court countinued. Chitra was escorted out of the court in middle of the hassle sometime. But I didn't missed the nervous looks in some of the courtiers eyes. They looked unnerved by something most probably by the Aacharya. The court finnally came to an end as the sun was moving west. It's still a pahar to sunset.

"The courtiers were frightened Maharaj." Vinay ji said pointing out my latest work. "People are always frightened of unknown." I replied back in a extremely laid back tone. "Maharaj Arun would have...." He started but I cut him off in middle. "We both are different people Maha Mantri. If we were same both Devgiri and Dalpatgarh would have been under Virendra or Alekhya's control." I retorted extremely iginated at people comparing me with that old man. We are two different people. If it was Alekhya in my place they would have been too frightened to even open their damned mouths. I ran my hand through my hair in frustration the crown in my chambers as I strolled inside Chand Mahal. Princess Chitra better have a good explanation for today's actions.

I walked inside the meeting chambers decorated in silver and gold. But mainly silver. Hence the name Chand Mahal. "Care to explain about your presence in court today Rajkumari." I asked not even trying to hid my frustrations in my voice. She looked at me through the veil seperating me and her. Her posture changing immediately. "I... I am not.... present in....court your....your highness." She said stammering. Even though I can't see her through the curtains I can pretty much see her posture had became shaky and rigid. "The court and I are not blind. I really doubt you lost your memory as well. Fancy a visit to dungeons." I said back to her. My voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Maharaj but she didn't leave this chambers at all." Out of nowhere Hidden Ace said coming out from her hideout. "Then who was there in the court ?" I retorted. Out of nowhere a arrow came and logged itself in the pillar beside Chitra who didn't even got the chance to scream as she was pushed on the couch by hidden ace. I ripped the letter and my hands shock with fury as I read it.

Today was just a trailer dearest brother. From your dearest younger sister.