Dae-sik took her hand and planted a kiss on her palm before intertwining his hand with hers

Dae-sik took her hand and planted a kiss on her palm before intertwining his hand with hers. "Let's go?"

She smiled at him. "Let's go."

///

Mijo wouldn't admit it but she was worried. There was worry in her.

What if they still didn't like her for their son?

What if they still wanted to push thru with his arranged marriage?

What if they try to break them apart?

Those and more questions kept bugging her thoughts ever since she agreed on having this so-called dinner with his parents. Even if she tried her best to believe everything would be fine, there was still a part of her that was consumed by worry.

She was brought out of her thoughts when she felt Dae-sik's fingers gently pat her hand. "Everything alright, Tokkie?"

Mijo nodded as she sighed.

"You ready? Shall we go inside?"

"Let's go." Mijo nervously smiled at him.

When they arrived inside the dining room they were greeted by a gasp coming from no other than Mrs. Hyun.

"Good Evening, Mr. & Mrs. Hyun." Mijo politely greeted as they took their seats across the other couple. The Chairman nodded his head in response to her greeting and gave her a warm, welcoming smile while Mrs. Hyun rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"What exactly is this lousy woman doing here?" Mrs. Hyun asked Dae-sik, narrowing her eyes at him. "Is she here in hopes her tricks would fool us too? If yes, then she can leave already because I am NOT falling for anything she's going to say or do."

Mijo breathed an inward sigh with an effort to keep her emotions at bay. "Damn hormones." She thought to herself. Mijo thought she was prepared for every word an accusation Mrs. Hyun was going to throw at her but she wasn't. 

Dae-sik did tell her how his mother looked at her but she didn't imagine she could be this cruel with the woman her son loves. It was something she couldn't understand. Why would a mother try to stop her son from being with the woman he loved?

The only reason Mijo knew was because she wasn't from a chaebol family. But regardless of where she was from, Mijo thought that as a mother, Mrs. Hyun only wanted to see her son happy because that was the only thing Mijo wanted Dae-Han to be if only he wasn't taken from her.

"Eomma! How could you accuse her of such things? Mijo isn't like that, Eomma."

Mrs. Hyun scoffed."Oh, please, Dae-sik stop with that nonsense. I know how women like her think and the only thing they are after is money."

"Watch your mouth, Yeo-won." The Chairman admonished with a frown on his face. His wife was indeed unbelievable.

"Shut it, Jun-seok." Mrs. Hyun shot back. "Now, Hyun Dae-sik, tell me why you brought this lousy woman with you."