Chapter 2

Ezra's Pov

I slowly open my eyes and all I can see is darkness. I blink a few times until I can see slightly. I glance over at the clock which read 2:18AM. Great.

I lie down and try to get back to sleep but then I hear quiet sniffles coming from beside me. I turn my body to face Brooklyn.

I carefully move her long brown hair away from her face to see tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Baby what's wrong?" I ask, sitting up and pulling her onto my lap.

She sobs a little louder and covers her face in my shirt. "I had a nightmare Daddy!" She wails.

I rub her back and give her a kiss on the cheek. "Aw Brookie, it's okay love. Nothing bad can happen to you when me and Mommy are here okay? You're safe." I whisper to her.

She nods and wipes her tears away from her face.

"Here baby, lay with me." I said kissing her forehead and lying back down with Brooklyn in my arms.

She snuggles into me more as I rub her arm comfortingly.

"Go to sleep Brooklyn. I'll see you in the morning and then we can go see Grandma and Grandad and all your aunties and uncles! How does that sound?" I ask her.

She nods and smiles. "Good!"

I kiss her cheek again. "Okay baby, I love you." I say to her, closing my eyes.

"I love you too Daddy." She replies.

Aria's Pov

When I open my eyes all I see is pure sunlight coming in from the windows. I look around to see Ezra cooking some eggs and Brooklyn watching TV.

I hop out of bed and sit down on the couch next to Brooklyn.

"Morning baby, how did you sleep?" I ask her, hugging her and kissing her cheek.

"Okay." She says, not giving me eye contact.

Ezra walks over to us and sits next to me. "She had a nightmare at around 2AM." He tells me.

"A nightmare! Brooklyn, why didn't you wake me up sweetheart?" I cooed, pulling her onto my lap.

"Because you didn't wake up. Daddy woke up and heard me crying so he cuddled me and let me sleep with him." She said quietly, playing with her fingernails.

"Oh I'm sorry baby, next time try harder to get me to wake up. Brookie, you know you can always cuddle with me and Daddy. Always. You don't have to ask honey." I tell her, smiling at her.

Brooklyn looks up at me and nods. "Okay Mommy." She says, hugging me.

I hug her back. Ezra then stands up and continues to make breakfast.

"Right, lets leave at 11, right now it's 8:45, so we have plenty of time to get ready for lunch." Ezra tells us both, putting two slices of bread in the toaster.

I nod, agreeing with what he just said. "Okay, I'm gonna take a shower. I'll be back in a minute." I said, standing up and heading for the bathroom.