Potter needs a Black

Marlene was sitting on the steps of one of the staircases when she heard, "How do you know

Marlene was sitting on the steps of one of the staircases when she heard, "How do you know...what I am?" 

She looked up and saw Draco standing in front of her, "...Because you're me. Trying to figure out what the hell to do, with that little tiny part of you that doesn't want to be like your family. Whatever he's told you to do I can tell your hearts not in it. You know how I know that? Because you look like you haven't slept in weeks." 

"He trusts me." Draco said 

Marlene scoffed, "If I've learnt anything it's that he doesn't trust anyone. He's using you. He's using you because you're easy, you're easy to manipulate because you don't know anything else, and no one is fighting for you." 

"I was chosen." Draco said 

Marlene shook her head, "You were used. I'm gonna give you one more chance to tell me what you've done and I swear I will help you."

"Why? Why do you want to help me?" Draco asked 

Marlene stood up saying, "Is it so hard to believe I'm a nice person?" 

Draco nodded, "Yes." 

"Why?" 

"Because you're a werewolf." 

Marlene nodded and said, "Yeah, I am. It's a pain in the arse but it's not all of me, I'm not just a werewolf. I'm guessing you've met Greyback." Draco nodded, "Please for the love of Merlin don't base us all off of him. Yeah we have monster blood but we're nice people...what have you done?" 

Draco paused before he said, "There are others." 

"How?" Marlene asked 

"The Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Requirement. I've been mending it." Draco said 

Marlene nodded, "Borgin and Burkes. Okay, okay now let me help you what else do they want you to do? What is going to happen?" 

Draco shook his head, "I don't want your help. Don't you understand? I have to, or he will kill me." 

"You do want my help or you wouldn't have told me. What does he want you to do?" Marlene asked 

"Kill him." 

Marlene looked at him, "Kill who? Kill Harry?" Draco shook his head, "Dumbledore. He wants you to kill Dumbledore. Listen to me, you are not a killer you are an arse, an awful human being sometimes I admit. Definitley not a killer though. Help me stop this." 

Draco shook his head, "You can't. No one can stop this now." Draco quickly took out his wand and knocked Marlene into a broom cupboard before locking the door, "He will kill me." 

Marlene banged on the door, "I will kill you, if you don't let me out. Draco come on! You don't actually want to kill him. Draco!...dammit Malfoy!" 

Marlene looked down at her arm as it started to burn, "Great. You brought him here. Bastard. Alright...okay." She rammed the door with her shoulder, "Come on!" 

On the second hit the door flew open, "Thank Merlin." She picked her wand up from the ground before running down the hallway

. . . . . . . . .

Marlene walked through the crowd of people and saw Harry hugging Ginny in front of Dumbledore's body, "Where the hell were you?" Zac asked as he walked towards her 

Marlene shook her head, "Later." 

McGongall raised her wand into the air and slowly everyone else followed, Marlene took her wand out of her pocket and raised it into the air

. . . . . . . .

The next morning Marlene and Harry were standing on the Astronomy tower, "Do you think he would have done it? Draco." 

Harry shook his head, "No. No, he was lowering his wand. In the end, it was Snape. It was always Snape. You were right. I did nothing, it wasn't worth it." He took out the locket and handed it to Marlene, "It was fake. Open it." 

Marlene opened the locket and saw there was a piece of paper on the inside she unfolded it and read it, "To the Dark Lord: I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more. R.A.B. R.A.B.?" 

Harry shrugged, "Don't know. But whoever they are, they have the real Horcrux. It means it was all a waste. All of it." 

"RAB. I've seen that somewhere before." Marlene said, "I don't know. Look, Ron's okay with you, you know. You and Ginny. If I were you when he's around, I'd keep snogging to a minimum." 

Harry almost smiled then said, "I'm not coming back, Marlene. I got to finish whatever Dumbledore started. And I don't know where that'll leave me, but I'll let you, Hermione, Zac and Ron know where I am...when I can." 

"I've always admired your courage, Harry. But sometimes, you can be really thick. You don't really think you're going to be able to find all those Horcruxes by yourself, do you? You need us, Harry. You've always needed us and I'm always gonna be there. So when you want to do this, tell me. Besides it's always worth having a werewolf on your side." Marlene said

Harry held out his hand, "Potter needs a Black. Right?" 

Marlene smiled as she took his hand and put her head on his shoulder, "Always." 

Thank you for reading 

Comment and Vote