Nandini: Are you okay?

Manik: Yess, as long as you are fine, I am too. Sleep now, you cry so much.

He frowned at the end while patting her head. Nandini didn't say anything as he continued to speak about the things that made no sense until she fell sleep.

And even when she did, Manik couldn't.

He sat there, all night thinking of everything, trying to find any solution. He was sure the God has something planned for them and he hoped it would be in his favour.

The next morning, Nandini was normal or atleast she tried too. She didn't mention anything about the dream from the last night but Manik saw her looking in the direction she said was the baby cot.

Her eyes would wander to everyone else and at him again. He wanted to go to the office to get some distraction but then, his father told him to stay at home. He was right too, Nandini needed him. He couldn't leave her alone at this point.

He let out a tiring sigh as he came back to the room. Last night had exhausted him. Nandini was sitting on the bed writing something. She looked startled at his sudden entry.

Manik: What?

Nandini: Why did you come back?

Manik: I didn't go. Dad suggested not to go so I took a leave.

Nandini: and work?

Manik shrugged, walking to her and she hid whatever she was writing quickly. Manik's eyes narrowed at her actions but he didn't say anything.

Manik: Dad is there, and Cabir is helping too.

Nandini: Is he fine now?

Manik: He is, though he says he goes to office only to share the workload, I know he is doing this for Navya and equally enjoys it.

Nandini smiled.

Nandini: He is a nice husband.

Manik: Excuse me? You should say this for me.

Nandini: Should I?

She teased. He looked at her open mouthed.

Manik: You- Let our baby come out I will tell you, what should you say.

Nandini laughed throwing her head back and as Manik stared at her, he couldn't help the smile at his own face. This moment - he wanted to pause it here and cherish it forever.

Life had thrown the hardest struggle at them. If not slaying it, they were passing it well, always giving their best and being happy.

Nandini: You are too much, Manik!

Manik: Ofcourse, you are not even happy your husband is at home.

Nandini: I am, ofcourse. See,

She grinned, the teasing glint never leaving her eyes and he shook his head in disbelief. Nandini chuckled and took his hand only to keep it on her swollen belly.

Manik waited and a second later the baby kicked. Manik jumped, staring at her wide eyed and she laughed. It was not the first time, but Manik's reaction was always the same.

Manik: He kicks.

Nandini: yes.

Manik: Damn, he is growing up. He was just a tiny seed before.

Nandini: Ofcourse, Manik.

She laughed more as he stared at her.

Manik: Nandini.