The Gate (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"Oh, jeez-"

Mike continued to punch him in the gut. "You're a stupid, disgusting, lying piece of shit!"

"Okay, all right! Stop it!" Hopper said.

"LIAR! LIAR! LIAR!"

"Stop it. It's okay." Hopper was pushed back against the door, and tried to keep Mike from punching him some more. Mike cried, and his voice cracked from the anger and emotion that was built up. "You're okay, kid. You're okay."

Hopper frowned, as he held Mike in his arms to calm him down.

"I'm sorry, kid..."

~~~

*(Y/n)'s POV*

I didn't let this heartbreak fester. When I turned around to face my brother, he frowned. "Shit. (Y/n)..." Dustin started to say, but I walked over to him and said nothing but wrap my arms around him.

Lucas came over to give me a hug as well. "I'm sorry, (Y/n)." Lucas whispered to me. Max didn't say a word either.

"I'm sorry, too." Eleven spoke up and we turned around to face her. Neither of us were mad at her, and I think that's what made me hurt the most. I didn't want to be mad at my sister, but I was more upset that she didn't tell me that she had contact with Mike, and that she had feelings for him all this time.

When we stared at each other, I could see the guilt flash across her face. She reached out to me and held my hand in hers. I was just quiet, and I took back my hand.

"He should stay with you." Eleven said and I looked up at her. "All of this is my fault. I shouldn't have interfered with you two's relationship. At first, it was wanting to know if you guys were safe, and then it felt like I was missing something. I had missed Mike, but now I feel like such a jerk. I'm sorry, (Y/n), I didn't mean to hurt you."

I just pulled her in for a hug. She was surprised.

"I thought you would hate me for the things I've done," She whispered.

"I thought I was going too, but I realized how much I've missed having you around." I said. "Mike and I can sort things out later, but it sucked being powerless without you."

Dustin and Lucas came around us both with smiles. "We missed you." Lucas said.

"I missed you, too." Eleven said contently.

"We talked about you pretty much every day." Dustin chuckled.

When we parted, I watched as Eleven poked at Dustin's mouth, and he was taken aback. We exchanged odd looks and then she said, "Teeth."

"What?" Dustin and I asked.

"He has teeth."

The three of us grinned at each other. "Oh, you like these pearls?" Dustin asked, and he purred at her which made her frown. Lucas and I exchanged looks and rolled our eyes.

"Eleven?" Max asked, walking forward. She held out her hand to Eleven. "Hey, uhm, I'm Max. I've heard a lot about you."

Eleven looked nervous, and then she walked away towards Mrs. Byers who welcomed her in for a hug. "Hey, hey sweetheart."

"Can I see him?" She asked.

~~~

Mrs. Byers took Eleven into his room where he laid asleep. "He's not doing well." She said, sitting on the bed next to him. Eleven placed her hand on his shoulder.

"I know." She said. "I saw."

"What else did you see?"

Mrs. Byers walked with Eleven to the dining room. "You said that (Y/n)'s opened this gate before, right?" She asked.