"Hehe, unlucky for you. You have to fight me." The giant guy chuckled, as he continued to talk. Albedo couldn't help but almost roll his eyes at whatever crap he was talking about. "You're so small, you look like my little sister. And she's 6."

Albedo just silently stared at this guy, looking upwards. And quite literally seemed like he was belittling this giant guy just by looking.

"Though, since this is just a spar match I'll go easy—" he was cut off when Albedo had kicked off the ground and in an instant had the wooden dagger point towards the guy's eye.

"Unlucky for you, I won't." Albedo replied coldly, and quite aloof he was.

It was silence after that, the lesson continued while they were still infiltrating as 'students.' And by far the most humiliating thing was the fact that Scaramouche had passed by and immediately saw them mixed in with the rest.

He never failed to give them a disgusted, or rather annoyed look at them but walked off.

They had finally finished, but were dead tired after these lessons because they were too old to be doing these kinds of exercises. They didn't even need it, nor did Albedo. He just had skills.

Mad skills indeed.

Diluc was regrettably carrying a dead Kaeya on his back, as he tossed him a little up so the guy wouldn't fall as he groaned in fatigue like no other.

Albedo knew no matter how much Diluc portrays himself to hate such a narcissistically appealing man Kaeya was, he couldn't hate him much longer.

Nor did he really truly loathe him, and possibly just a 'spur of the moment type of thing,' Albedo theorized.

Though I guess we'd never hear him admit it vocally no matter how much he cared, even after watching the way he carried the tired captain with such an annoyed grumbling and scoldings.

They've taken different paths and traveled different roads. But they might end up on the same one when they're old. And if one was under trenches and under fire, the other would cover the other.

They've lived different lives, and Celestia only knows if they'll make it back with all their fingers and toes. Five years, twenty years, they'll come back. And they'll always be the same.

If one was dying on their knees, the other would be the one to rescue the other. If they were drowned at sea, the other would give their lungs so they could breathe.
- (from a very specific song, and alternated by me. If you know where, go to the very bottom of this chapter and comment it where I tell you to. I'd like to know. Love this song since a long time ago...)

They've traveled far down these same looking halls. They were dark and cold, the same since they've first entered the palace. And it was absolutely annoying to be facing those many freezing figures.

Diluc pushed Albedo and Kaeya back suddenly when they were about to turn a corner. And it would've been fine if they were just simple Fatui members, only they seemed a little to advanced. And the way their footsteps were drawing in closer and closer towards them was even more concerning.

The fiery man was the first to take action, as he started to sprint back down the halls they came from. Kaeya followed, as he pulled Albedo along as if he couldn't run for himself.

"There! Over there! After them!"

"Were we discovered already?" Diluc nearly shouted, but to himself in such frustration.

"Scaramouche is going to kill us~" Kaeya said again in his very confident yet flirtatious, and scheming voice as they continued to flee.

And they weren't supposed to get caught because they haven't even found the way towards Y/n yet because of so much wasted time. But Albedo retained something else: the fact that the dungeons weren't so far away.