4 | DAGGER

DON'T CRY. NOT FOR US.

 NOT FOR US

[ 2.15 ]

ONLY THREE DAYS HAD PASSED since the werewolves attacked the Salvatore house, and Lottie hated how she had to go on each day like it didn't happen. But dance planning and Historical Society plans didn't cease just because she wanted to stay cooped up in her room for a few days.

Elijah's 'book tour' couldn't be put on hold either.

The Original was accompanied by Lottie and Jenna as they walked through many historical sights in Mystic Falls. A part of Lottie wondered if Elijah was searching for something in particular or if he was just wasting time, waiting for Klaus and keeping up his ruse.

"The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence," Jenna pointed out, her tote bag full of different maps.

Elijah smirked to himself. "Ah, the Fells. One of the Founding Families."

"Why do you say it like that?" Lottie asked with a smile. Of course, she knew good and well about the Vikings that settled there a thousand years ago, as Finn loved to teach her about their history.

"My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier. It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast, um, it was Salem, to be precise," Elijah told the girls.

"Massachusetts?" Jenna asked in surprise. "As in the witch trials?"

"Which means the ever-lauded founding families... didn't actually found anything," he informed them.

"Oh, how will I go on?" Lottie asked while giggling with Jenna.

"Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial," Jenna muttered.

"Yes, they are," Elijah said, spotting someone walking toward them.

Upon seeing Alaric, who decided to invite himself on the trip, Jenna held back an annoyed sigh. After a few certain talks with John, Jenna wanted some space from Alaric. However, Alaric didn't want space.

"Elijah, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman," Jenna introduced.

Alaric forced a smile. "Yeah, I got your message about walking Elijah here through the old property lines. I thought I would tag along. You know, being a history buff and all. Where to next?"

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendants of the slaves are the true keepers of American history," Elijah told them.

"Oh," Kol said with a frown. "He must be looking for that witchy house. We're not near it."

Of course, Lottie didn't know what witchy house Kol was talking about. It must have been a place he stumbled upon on his own while exploring the town or following Bonnie around. The youngest brother was the only one present on the nature walk — Finn was keeping track of the Martin witches and their progress toward finding Jules.