Chapter 11- The Hellfire Club

Everything had changed since Billy's death, no matter how guilty she felt it wouldn't bring him back. Willow mourned the person he could have become if he had been given the time he deserved.

His ghost seemed to haunt her wherever she went, whether it be his old locker collecting dust in the school hallway, his old t-shirts or the lingering smell of his stupid cologne which he claimed was a key aspect to getting girls.

His tragic fate heavily impacted the already crumbling girls' lives. Willow's father hadn't even bothered to show up to the funeral, instead using the opportunity to go back to Cali at the first chance he got, placing Max completely into Willow's care, not that she minded.

Although Susan was there, she wasn't around much. Willow could see in her eyes how much it tortured her not to be able to help the suffering of the girls, yet she found her own ways to help. Her stepmother tried her best to contribute by constantly working, desperate to clear the thick cloud of gloom following the half-siblings.

Willow too had taken up a job at a local diner where she was allowed to take Max with her after school, making sure she was both eating and doing her homework while she busied her grieving mind with serving other customers.

Meanwhile, Steve and Robin had gotten incredibly close ever since they both started working together. Due to their proximity, Steve couldn't help but notice how different Robin seemed to act around girls, especially Willow.

Steve observed how Robin painstakingly took her time applying her make-up on days Willow promised the pair to show up or how she had become more nervous around her, always rambling when she comes into the store. Steve had even caught her looking through Willow's returns out of boredom, fawning over her choices and what they could mean as if Willow was sending her a secret code.

Steve had finally confronted her, his curiosity getting the best of him, plus maybe she stood a chance with the help from King Steve. "So...." He began tapping the wheel lightly as he drives her to the early morning pep rally. "I noticed you seem to perk up whenever Willow comes in..." Steve raises his eyebrows at her "So? She's our friend?" She defends to which Steve only shrugs feigning a relaxed pose. "I just thought maybe, I don't know... that you might...maybe... have a crush on her?"

"What? That's outrageous Steve! I do not." Robin laughs awkwardly which is met with silence as Steve continues to look at her, the lack of noise making her uncomfortable enough to answer.

Taking a deep breath, she contemplates what to tell him. She could trust him, he had kept Willow's secret safe and who knows maybe actually having someone know might help her.

"Fine. So what? It's not like half of Hawkins has a crush on her anyway." "Ha! I knew it, omg I knew it ugh. This is great" Steve's fist bumps the air jumping with glee while Robin frowns. "It's not funny Steve, I'm suffering!" She complains throwing her head back with a groan, pulling out her make-up bag,

"Wait so if my theory is correct why did you help me try to win her over?" Steve stops thinking over their old job at Scoops confused.

"I don't know it was just a stupid idea. I guess I just thought it would help me get over it, seeing you two together, would hurt but at least it would heal- but now I don't know what to do anymore."

"Yeah, ripping the bandaid off, I understand...Robin... I'm so sorry, If I had known." Steve grows more solemn developing empathy for Robin's shitty position, being able to understand to some degree.

"It's fine Steve-" She tries to defend as his hand reaches out to pat her shoulder which only causes her mascara wand to dip dangerously as she pushes away his hand annoyed.