Suzie, Do You Copy?

Angela POV

In the early hours of the morning, before the sun had fully risen, I found myself awakening from my slumber. As I emerged from the depths of sleep, I instinctively assumed the position that my dear old friend, Zuko, had once taught me. It was a stance that connected me with the firebenders of old, a practice of mediating with the sun itself.

Engaging in this ritual had become an integral part of my daily routine. The act of communing with the sun's radiant energy never failed to bring about a sense of tranquility within me. Each day, as I positioned myself to face the rising sun, I felt a profound calm wash over me. It was as if the fiery orb in the sky held the power to soothe my restless soul.

This ritual not only brought me peace but also bestowed upon me a newfound strength and determination. As I absorbed the sun's rays, I could feel its energy coursing through my veins, invigorating every fiber of my being. It fueled my resolve to confront any obstacle that dared to stand in my way.

The connection between the sun and my abilities was undeniable. The power it radiated seemed to amplify my powers, enhancing them beyond their usual limits. With each passing day, as I continued this practice, I could sense a gradual growth in my abilities. The flames that danced at my fingertips burned brighter and hotter than ever before.

During this serene moment, a voice broke through the stillness. "Angela?" called out Max, interrupting my communion with the sun.

Startled by the intrusion, I slowly opened my eyes and turned to face Max standing in the doorway. Her attire caught my attention—a vibrant ensemble consisting of red vans, blue shorts, and a yellow tank top. The colors seemed to mirror the elements associated with firebending and waterbending—red for fire, blue for water (which waterbenders were known to control), and yellow, reminiscent of the sun itself.

 The colors seemed to mirror the elements associated with firebending and waterbending—red for fire, blue for water (which waterbenders were known to control), and yellow, reminiscent of the sun itself

I noticed that she was wearing the yellow top that she had taken from me. Surprisingly, it looked stunning on her, accentuating her features and complementing her complexion. As she stood there, a soft smile graced her lips, and her eyes sparkled with a mix of curiosity and love.

"Morning, dear," I greeted her enthusiastically, jumping up from my seat and making my way toward her.

"Morning! What were you up to?" she inquired, meeting me halfway and enveloping me in a warm embrace.

"I was meditating," I replied, gently brushing a strand of hair away from her face.

"So early? It's only 8 o'clock," she remarked, slightly taken aback by my early rising.

"Oh no, I woke up at 5," I confessed as we strolled together toward the kitchen.

"5 o'clock?!" she exclaimed, clearly surprised by my early start to the day.

"I've been doing it for hundreds of years," I chuckled, trying to lighten the mood.

She nodded understandingly as I prepared some breakfast for us to enjoy together.

I inquired, "So, what prompted you to arrive here so early?" as I observed her gaze fixated on the table.

She responded, "I sort of disagreed with my foolish step-brother," and I reached out to hold her hand.

With tears welling up in her eyes, she looked at me.

Curiously, I asked, "Would you like to discuss it?" while gently caressing her knuckles.

She replied with a simple "No," and I nodded understandingly.

I pondered, what could bring back her smile? And then it struck me!

Leaping over the table, I hurriedly made my way to my room. She chased after me, concerned.

"What's the matter?" she inquired.

I retrieved the glider from my closet and turned to face her.