Chapter 1

Ransom never knew how it feels to be loved. His parents have been spoiling him since he was a kid and have never heard them say "I love you" or "We are proud of you" to him. He also grew up seeing how fucked up his parents marriage was. He once even caught his father making out with other women in public, but decided not tell his mother since he did not want to be a part of it. Every single family dinner or gathering would end up with his parents, cousins, aunts and uncle calling him names like asshole or a piece of shit, but Ransom prentended not to care and told them to fuck off.

The only family member who really understood and cared for Ransom was his grandfather, Harlan. Since the young age, Ransom has built a strong interest for writing and reading books since his grandfather was a writer himself. Ransom wanted to follow in his grandfather's footsteps, so he decided to study English in college. Ransom and Harlan had a really strong bond and had many things in common. That's why Harlan was the only one who knew about you.

Ransom met you at a bar a few years ago. The moment he laid his eyes on you, he thought that he found a perfect hook up for tonight, but was shocked to see that you were not like other women he has been with. You knew who Ransom and his family was since the whole Boston gossiped about how fucked up and spoild his family is. You have also heard that he was a person who liked to sleep around, so you rejected him right away when he approached you. He never told you this, but the moment you rejected him really hurt him.

After that night, the only thing he could think about was you. He wanted to see you again, because there was something really special about you. A few days after that, his grandfather wanted Ransom to buy some roses for great nana's upcoming birthday. He went to the most famous flower shop in Boston. He stepped inside the store and could not believe his eyes. He saw your beautiful face standing together with an old woman behind the counter. After that he would visit you once a week and ask you out. After a few visits you finally accepted his offer hoping that he would leave you alone after the date.

Ransom would ask you questions about your family and childhood thinking that you grew up in a much loving family, but his childhood is nothing compared to yours. Your parents were only teenagers when they had you. Your relationship with them was not the best. You were only 4 years old when your grandma noticed a few bruises on your body. She knew it was your parents who caused them even though you kept denying it. They were later charged with violence against children. After those events, you have not heard from your parents ever since. You later found out that they moved to Europe after being released from jail. They have been trying to contact you but after everything they did to you, you decided it was best to cut them out of your life. Many people were shocked when they found out that your grandma was not even in her mid 50s even though you were only 23.

After the date, Ransom realized that he was in love with you. You really did enjoy the first date, so you were really happy when he asked you out again. After a few dates Ransom could not take it anymore so he asked you to be his girlfriend. You accepted it even tho many people warned you that he would find a new one when he gets bored but Ransom told you that he would try to be a better person, for you. After that both you and Ransom were head over heels in love.

Ransom did not want to introduce you to his family. The only family members who knew about you were Harlan and Wanetta. He did not want to indroduce the only person that has showed him true love to a fucked up bunch. That's why he proposed to you on your one year anniversary.

You and Ransom have been together for four years and married for three. You were currently expecting your first child and Ransom could not keep his hands off your bump. He has been really protective over you ever since you have shown him the positive pregnancy test. It was actually Ransom's idea to start trying for a baby. Ransom has never really thought about having children until he found a photo album full of your baby pictures. He hoped that the baby would be as beautiful as their mother.

You were currently making dinner since you invited your grandmother and Harlan over to your house to tell them the exciting news. You were only three months along and you are slowly starting to show. "Honey, have you seen my watch?" Ransom shouted. "I think its in the bathroom along with the jewelry" You shouted back."I found it!" Ransom shouted while he made his way down stairs. Ransom gave you a kiss on the lips and put his hands around your swollen belly. "How do you think they would react?"You asked smiling at your husband while he was kissing your cheek. "I think they would be over the moon. Your grandma has been convincing us to have one since we started dating."Ransom said while chuckling. You turned around to face your husband. "I love you" You said while smiling at your husband. "I love you too, my love" Ransom said before kissing your lips.

Meanwhile at Harlan's house

Harlan was getting ready to visit you and Ransom. Harlan has seen how you have a good influence on Ransom and liked since the day Ransom introduced you. He promised Ransom that he would keep the secret from the family and none of them had suspected anything. Harlan was about to leave when all of a sudden the entire Thrombey family unexpectedly entered the house.

"Where are you heading father?" Walt asked Harlan in confusion. "I was heading to Ransoms house, he wanted to help me with the newest book." He lied. He did not want to tell them that he was invited over for dinner. "If he wants to help you with the book, then why does he not come over here?" Walt continued asking his father with a suspicious grin. "Because I have not visited him in a long time. By the way, may I ask why you came into my house without telling me?" Harlan asked while staring at everybody in the living room.''We wanted to know if you know what's going on with Ransom. He has not contacted me or Richard in a long time and it seems that you are the only one who is having contact with him.''Linda said to her father. "Well, I honestly don't know why he won't call you or message you but I got to go now since I promised him that I will be there in time" Harlan said as he left the house and got in the uber.

"Start the car and follow him"Linda said, annoyed to her brother Walt.
———————
Like and comments are always appreciated🫶🏻
English is nothing first language so let me know if I made any mistakes🤍🫧