xx. 𝐀𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬

Start from the beginning

"Four kills." Lucas went on, Cassie exhaled. She didn't want to hear it. "Four gates. End of the world."

"If that's true, He's only one kill away." Dustin winced.

"Jesus Christ." Eddie cupped his face.

"We're going to die a soul crushing, painfully ending, death." Cassie panicked, standing up and hoping Nancy wouldn't mind. Lucas stood up to follow her to the kitchen, listening to Steve encourage Max to try the Byers again.

"Cas." Lucas followed her as she opened the fridge and grabbed a water bottle. "Try to just stay calm."

"I am trying with each and every one of my senses, Lucas." Cassie took a large gulp. "But, absolutely nothing is working for me right now. Max could get hurt, Nancy, even one of us if Vecna digs deep enough within our every thought. And half of our friends aren't even here, and they aren't answering the phone."

"I'm worried about them too." Lucas walked closer as they both leaned on the counter. "But, knowing El, she's probably saving their asses if this all is connected to Lenora."

Cassie cracked a smile. "I wish she was here."

"Me too." Lucas put his hand over hers. "But, for now, what if we figure out how to chop Vecna's head off?"

Cassie smiled at him. "Let me rack my thoughts really quick."

"Yeah, of course." Lucas nodded with a clear of his throat, watching Cassie think. "Whats your head saying?"

"Humm." Cassie tapped her chin. "Seems as though I am perfectly capable of figuring out how to chop Vecna's head off with you."

"That's what I like to hear." he smiled, holding his hand out as she latched onto it. Walking back into the living room, hell seemed to be breaking loose.

"Whoa, whoa, no, no, no." Steve shook his head.

"Nope." Eddie confirmed. "Nope."

"Let's think this through." Steve stood up quickly.

"What's happening?" Cassie looked around with a questionable look.

"Oh, Nancy just wants to go back into the Upside Down." Eddie shrugged.

"What!" the couple to be shouted on sync.

"We barley made it out of there in one piece." Steve seemed to agree.

"Yeah, because we weren't prepared." Nancy's eyes got bigger by the second. "But this time, we will be. We'll get weapons and protection."

"We'll go through the gate, we'll find his lair, and we'll kill him." Nancy went on, paying him no mind. Cassie and Lucas were shaking their heads at her.

"Or he'll kill us." Steve pointed out. "The only reason you survived is because he wanted you to. He's not scared of us."

"And for good reason." Robin got to her feet. "We were wrong about Vecna. Henry. One. Sorry, what are we calling him now?"

"One."

"Vecna."

"One."

"Henry."

"We're learned something new about Vecna/Henry/One." Robin shook her head. "He's a number like Eleven, only a sick, evil, male, child-murdering version of her with really bad skin. But my-my point is, he's super powerful and no amount of weapons is gonna take him out. He could turn us inside out with a snap of his fingers. It's not a fair fight."

Cassie looked to Dustin. "Do you and I share the same genius thoughts right now?"

"I think we do." he agreed. "Why fight fair?"