꩜ the fight ꩜

gemma and belly were currently in susannah's room with the two older women with them, they were getting ready for their dates that night and susannah offered them her huge amount of makeup

usually the blonde girl didn't use makeup, a mascara was always welcome. but today she was wearing concealer, a blush and even a highlighter. susannah even insisted on a lipgloss. she was feeling pretty.

hours prior to this, matthias had texted her saying that she should wear something comfortable because they would also go to the boardwalk. during the summer nights the board walk had all kinds of activities. there was the arcade, the food carts, restaurants, the games and the ferris wheel. gemma had great memories of going there from the past summers.

𑁍

age 14.

the girl had always been afraid of heights, but when conrad invited her to go on the ferris wheel she had to swallow the fear and join him, he had bothered her for many minutes before she accepted. they were in the boardwalk with the whole family. it was for gemma, the best 4th of july she ever had.

"oh come one it's not that bad." conrad said sitting in front of the girl in the cabin. she was almost strangling the panda bear he gave her couple minutes before, she looked at him incredulous.

"we're hanging more that a hundred feet from the ground." she avoided looking anywhere that wasn't conrad. she didn't want to look up, down, to the sides. she wanted to look at him.

conrad moved from his place to sit beside her, the cabin moved, and she almost cried. he then grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze. she looked up at him, even being only one year older than her, the boy was still very tall.

"it's okay, squeeze my hand if you're scared." he hadn't finish when she almost broke his hand with a hard squeeze. "yeah, but you don't need to break my bones." he said laughing and she smiled at him.

when they arrived the top of the ride, it stopped like it usually does. gemma held her breath and conrad discreetly looked down and saw his mom talking to the guy who was working on the ferris wheel. great.

"I'm going to die, and I'm going to kill you" gemma announced taking deep breaths.

"you look adorable when you're mad, so I wont take you threat seriously." the boy watched her expression change and her cheeks lightly change from pale to a light pink.

conrad felt the girl tense remembering where she was again and impulsively did something he thought he would never have the courage to. before she could even think, his hands were in her face and their lips met. it was a small kiss but the fireworks that were lighting the sky behind them where nothing compared to the fireworks inside the two of them.