"Now, be a good boy and call Billy."

"I think you'll need this more than me.." Billy said, handing his so-called mother his small compass, the compass he held onto since he was a child. His mother grabbed it, confused. The man yelling for her inside made her blink, and Billy walked away, wiping the tears from his eyes.

How could he be so stupid? Of course his own mother didn't want him. Why would anyone?

The foster family.

He stopped in the middle of the hallway, looking at the gross carpet floor. No matter what, that family would look for him when he ran away, they didn't mind he needed his alone time, or that he would talk back. Darla loved him from the beginning, so did Mary. Freddy and Y/n too.

But he messed that shit up. He messed it all up, like usual.

Suddenly, his phone vibrates in his pocket. Billy clears his throat, seeing Freddy's younger face as his profile. Billy put it to his ear, sighing.

"Freddy, I'm sorry, you were right, I..."

"Come home Billy, come home."

The deep voice was familiar, and Billy's eyes widen in realization. He hears his family shouting in the background, Freddy's voice especially loud.

"Super villain! SUPER VILLAIN!"

Billy hung up the phone, running to the stairs of this apartment complex. He ran to the roof, taking a deep breath before running off the edge. "SHAZAM!" Billy shouted, a lightning bolt striking him. He flew out of the dust of clouds, rushing home to his real family.

The room was full of tension as you held onto Freddy's hand, hugging Darla close by. "What do you want from us?" Mary shouted. "Oh you see I want—"

It was like on cue when the lights started to flicker, and a loud sound came from outside. You saw Billy— or, Shazam in the backyard. "—that." He finished, turning towards the door.

"Woah." Eugene awed. "Kick his ass Billy!" Pedro shouted, making you and his siblings look at him. "Yeah! Kick his— ah!" You screamed when the demon came back out, snarling only inches near your face.

You winced, looking away in fear and squeezing your eyes shut. You could smell this creature, it was like rotting flesh.

"Let them go! And I'll come in." You heard Billy as Shazam outside. "No, you first come in, then, maybe I'll let them go." The man said.

The creature screeched into your faces, making you all scream. You hid your face in Freddy's shoulder, you couldn't take the scary thing. Shazam outside took a deep inhale, before marching in, angry to see his family scared.

The man smirked softly, letting the creature disappear. You all took a deep breath of relief, sitting back up a bit to see Shazam walking into the house.

"Good boy." The man praised. He walked over to Shazam, studying him. "Because, that's all you are, isn't it?" He said, looking Shazam over one more time before making eye contact.

"How old are you?" The man questioned. "Basically fifteen." Shazam said, making you want to him and yourself in the face. "Mmh hmm." The man hummed, grabbing Shazam's face and studying it even more.

"I was the child the old man told me I wasn't good enough," the man explained, letting go of Shazam's face. "And here you are a coward. Run from me, I know it chose you, you're not a hero, but I'm gonna give the opportunity to be one." The man stepped closer, glaring Shazam down. "Give me, the power, of the champion." He commanded.

"No! Don't do it Billy!" Freddy shouted. "Please Billy, don't do this!" You called out too. Both males ignored you, and the man walked up to one of the closet doors and shot blue energy out of his hand onto the door.

Strange words glowed on the door, and a bright light grew beyond it. Smoke escaped from it, and it only got brighter on the other side. Then, just from how bright it got, it stopped, the door slowly creaking open. You stretched your neck, trying to see what was in it, but you could only see a blue atmosphere.

The man turned back to Shazam. "Give me the power, and I'll let you go." The man said. Suddenly, Darla jumped out of your arms. You tried to catch her, but she was too fast. She ran up to Shazam, hugging his waist. Shazam looked down at her, his eyes wide in concern. "Don't go Billy! Don't go! Don't go!" Darla cried.

Mary had ran up too, grabbing Darla and pulling her away, making her cry out Billy's name louder. It hurt your heart to see her like this, to see the whole family like this. "I have to," Shazam said, an apparent frown on his face. "It's what a good brother would do." Shazam tried to smile, but it was hard to.

Darla only whimpered as she stared at Shazam, and Mary just hugged onto Darla tighter. Shazam gulped, looking at his family and his friends for what he thought might be the last, before walking towards the door.

"Billy.." Freddy muttered, watching him walk to the door. You held Freddy's arm, trying your best to comfort him and yourself.

Shazam and the man looked at each other, only for a second, before Shazam marched into the blue realm, the man following close after him. The family got off the couch, looking into the blue realm.

You helped Freddy up, and you two followed suite, looking into the blue unknown door that was in Freddy's living room.