Losing the one I love the most

I closed my eyes. The pain was too much to take. I could feel tears penetrating from my eyes. A row of fat tears strolled down my face. I was so alone, I never felt so alone like that in a middle of a crowd. "I am sorry about your father" I heard someone say. I heard a couple of more condolences. I opened my swollen red eyes and peered at my father's grave. How could my father do this to me? How could he leave me like this? He was the only relative I had in this world. Oh, God! I loved him so much, he loved me in this same manner.

It was half past 12 mid night and all I could do was toss and turn in my humongous bed. After everyone left the ceremony I cried on my father's grave yard for hours.I still remember what priest Estill told me 'As you comprehend this great loss, let yourself weep knowing each teardrop is a message of love rising to the heavens'. It is said that losing a mother is the most painful feeling one could feel in the world but I would say losing your dad is the worst feeling of hurt. I bitterly cried myself to sleep.

Now that my father is dead none of my father's influencial friends will bother with me. Anyway, I can swear they never liked me, either did I. They would visit our mansion occasionaly but I kept  my way away from them. They were too snobbish and stern for my taste. I was on every occasion a lonely girl. I always felt like a left out. Even in school I never did fit in; But I never knew what fate had in store for me. ..

It  was two days after the funeral I was in the cafeteria when I knocked against someone. I just have collied with the hottest guy on earth. Even my depression couldn't stop me from staring at the most gorgeous looking hasel eyes. I felt myself blush. We both said sorry and sat with our friends. "Rosen that is the cutest guy on high school and did you see the way he looked at you?". "Oh, Jasmin stop! I don't care less". Jasmin is my best friend and the only friend I had from my childhood. Though she is not from a very wealthy family she has a heart of gold. Me and Jasmin were the left outs, we were usually the creeps. We both wear gothic. We both love boxing. We both hate the girls in our class; It is not entirely my fault though they call me snob and bitch just because my father is a millionaire. Anyway, I don't socialize much. I would rather stay at home than go to a party. I just enjoy loneliness to fake people. But when my father was alive we both would go to the movies and to a lot of grand restaurants, just me and him. We loved our company so such. We were always together. How I miss him.

"Miss Rosen you have a parcel?" said my housemaid when I came home. "It in your studio on the table". "Ok, Helen. Thanks!". I wondered who it is from and what it could be. I had no relations I knew of, so who could have sent it? I tore the wrapping paper. It was a ring, an emarald gold ring. There was no name or address on the parcel. "Who could have sent this" I wondered. It is not that I cared, I had enough rings to last me a lifetime. All given by my loving father. Thinking of my father made me weep for a while. I was still holding the ring and something odd made me put the ring on my middle finger. It fits perfectly without any doubt...I thought!

Good heavens, I must be losing my mind. How can I tell anyone what happened? I don't think even Jasmin would believe it. " You are looking gloomy as usual. What's up?". "I am fine Jasmin" I muttered. "Why are you wearing red?I thought you hate the colour. Is your father's death changing you?" asked her. "What!". I was still deeming whether to tell her or not about what happened to me yesterday. Maybe I am really barmy, totally lost my head after my father's death. Maybe it is a fine idea to tell Jasmin, at least she will then take me to a psychologist. "I have to tell you something" I cracked. "There goes the bell, talk to you later at lunch time". Off she went disappearing through the corridor. On second thought I was glad I didn't tell her. Who in the right mind would beleive me? These things don't happen to people even in movies. I must be finally losing my sanity.Oh, goody! What better way to forget the one you love most in the world, to forget the death of your parent. No one knows the pain of that but me...