The Mind Flayer (Part 3)

Começar do início

The monster had slid its body against the wall and chased after us.

I watched as Bob pulled open one door and had trouble with the other up ahead. We managed to close the door shut, and made a sigh of relief.

"Bob, (Y/n)!" Mrs. Byers said, and I hurried over to Mike who was standing right outside.

I had slowed to a stop, right before I could reach him. I stopped just in time to hear Mrs. Byers screaming her head off. I whirled around to see the monster tackling Bob to the ground, and I was mortified.

He couldn't fight him off. The monster was too strong for him and was already eating at him.

"No!!" Mrs. Byers shrieked.

I was about to throw the monster off Bob to help him, but then Hopper grabbed me and pushed me right outside. "No, wait!" I shouted, but Mike held me in his arms.

"No, (Y/n)!" Mike said, stopping me from using my powers. "It's too late!" I was crying some more. "(Y/n), what happened?!"

I heard the rapid fire shots from Hopper's gun. "I-I can still save him!" I sobbed in Mike's arms, but he didn't let me go.

"(Y/n)...It's okay, (Y/n)..."

We slowly fell to our knees and I just watched through the glass window. Bob was being torn apart by the monster.

There were more of them incoming, and Hopper turned around to fire at them.

Hopper turned to Mrs. Byers who was covering her ears from the gunshots. She tried to run to Bob, but Hopper pulled her back.

"Bob!" I heard her wail. "No!!"

I continued to cry in Mike's arms, and we stayed by Will's side together. He leaned against the side of the building.

The adults ran back outside with us. The monsters tried to follow, and it screeched as its body rushed at the glass window.

"He's gone!" Hopper shouted to Mrs. Byers. "He's gone!"

We heard the horn honking, and saw a car approach. Mike and I turned around to face it. "Come on," Jonathan screamed. "Get in!"

"(Y/n), we have to go!" Mike said, as Hopper grabbed Will from us with Mrs. Byers. He pulled me off the ground, and we ran away from Hawkins Lab, leaving Bob to die.

~~~

We were back at the Byer's residence, reunited. Will was asleep at the couch, with Jonathan stroking his hair quietly. "I'm sorry, bud..." Jonathan whispered, and Nancy placed a hand on his shoulder. "Sorry I wasn't there. I should have been there."

"Sam Owens." Hopper was on the phone. "Dr. Sam Owens."

"How many people at the lab?"

"I don't know how many people are there. I don't know how many people are left alive!"

"Have you contacted the police?"

"I am the police! Chief Jim Hopper!"

"Is there a number I can reach you at?"

"Yes, the number that I gave you, yes."

"Okay, yes, I got it."

"6767...I will be here"

"I'll have them contact you."

I reunited with my brother at the kitchen table. "Thank God, you're alive." Dustin said, with a smile. His smile faltered when he saw my eyes red and puffy from earlier. "(Y/n)? What's wrong, sis?" I started to say something, but then he was surprised when I choked on my words and started crying again.

He held up his arms, and I fell into them and he hugged me tight.

"They didn't believe you, did they?" Dustin asked. I had a feeling he wasn't talking to me, and I looked over to see Hopper joining us.

"We'll see." Hopper said.

"We'll see?" Mike asked. "We can't just sit here while those things are loose!"

"We stay here, and we wait for help." Hopper stated, and walked away.

We all sat at the table together, patiently waiting. We grabbed chairs so that me and my brother were able to sit. I leaned my head against my brother's. I hadn't seen him ever since we found Will on the field, and I had missed him. He expressed earlier how much he'd missed me and filled me in on some small details I had missed.

Mike kept taking a glance at me, and he felt sorry for what happened earlier. I watched him walk over to the living room and saw the puzzles that Bob had given earlier.

"Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV?" Mike asked and we all looked at him.

"Really?" Lucas wondered.

"He petitioned the school to start it and everything. Then he had a fund-raiser for equipment. Mr. Clarke learned everything from him. Pretty awesome, right?" Mike wanted to light up the mood.

"Yeah," My brother and Lucas said.

"We can't let him die in vain." Mike said.

"Well, what do you want to do, Mike?" Dustin asked, annoyed. "The Chief's right on this. We can't stop those Demo-dogs on our own."

"Demo-dogs?" Max asked.

"Demogorgon dogs?" Dustin offered, he put his hands together. I looked at him odd. "Demo-dogs? It's like a compound. It's like a play on words-?"

"Okay."

"I mean, when it was just Dart, maybe..." I said.

"But there's an army now." Lucas said.

"Precisely." Dustin said

"His army." Mike spoke up and we looked at him.

"What do you mean?" Steve asked.

"His army. Maybe if we can stop him, we can stop his army, too."

Mike hurried to Will's room with the rest of us to get the drawing of the shadow monster. "The shadow monster." Dustin pulled the drawing from him.

"It got Will that day on the field." Mike said.

"The doctor said it was like a virus." I said, taking the picture in my hands, and Dustin looked at me. "It infected him."

"And so this virus, (Y/n), it's connecting him to the tunnels?" Max asked.

"To the tunnels, monsters, the Upside Down, everything."

"Okay, whoa, whoa." Steve said, stopping us from moving forward. "Slow down. Slow down."

"Okay, so, the shadow monster's inside everything." Mike simplified. "And if the vines feel something like pain, then so does Will."

"And so does Dart." Lucas said.

"Yeah, like what Mr. Clarke taught us."

"The hive mind." I looked at Mike with a lightbulb over my head, and he nodded.

"Hive mind?" Steve asked, feeling out of the loop.

"A collective consciousness." I explained.

"It's a super organism." Dustin provided.

Mike pointed at the drawing which Dustin held up. "And this is the thing that controls everything. It's the brain." He said.

"Like the Mind Flayer." Dustin said, and Lucas snapped his finger, finally on the same page as we are.

Mike, Dustin, Lucas and I just exchanged looks, leaving Steve and Max totally lost. "The what?" They asked.