Story four

The magic that was released rippled across the land, the spirits shivering as they felt it.

It was deafening someone else was there someone dangerous.

After the fire the playwright was haunted by their guilt, believing they had caused it.

They felt the need to leave and so they wanted to go to the aisle of dawn to seek the wisdom of Daleth.

But it was far away and they didn't know how to get there.

In frustration they stomped the ground, but the floor opened beneath them.

They fell far, injuring their leg as they landed.

They stiffly got up and decided to look around for any signs of life.

They wandered around limping till suddenly they noticed a flickering light.

They walked over but it disappeared and reappeared further away.

They ran after it not caring that they were hurt.

Finally they reached it as it revealed a passageway.

They picked it up in their hands and held it close walking along it.

Suddenly they saw something it was glowing faintly red and when he touched it markings appeared on the wall.

It showed a large beast and two people, one of them was cornered but the other one rushed forwards and attacked the beast, distracting it.

Suddenly they were caught in its claws and the beast snarled crushing the person.

The one who was safe cried as the beast fled having consumed the light of their friend.

The marking started to glow and sobs rang through the cavern getting the playwrights attention.

He made his way nervously to the edge of the cavern and there he saw a spirit taller than any other, their long hair was ragged but their diamond shaped mask was visible enough to tell the playwright who it was.

"Teth?" He whispered and she turned around holding a broken star shaped mask.

"Was the person in these murals you?" He asked and the elder sighed.

"It's true..." Teth said looking at the ground the once proud elder avoiding his gaze.

He came to her side. "It's okay, you don't need to blame yourself." He said extending a hand.

She hesitated a moment before taking it.

"You as well. Thank you." She smiled a dull smile before fading away he was brought into consciousness to the sound of the other spirits shouting in alarm for him to wake up.

When he managed to open his eyes the rest of the theater kids crowded him in a hug.