Chapter 3

*Ryuu POV*

Still driving. We are still driving to our destination and the boredom is killing me. I know I'm a lazy bum, but this lazy bum can't sit in the same place for almost 50 minutes without either sleeping soundly or pranking someone. And since this car has been very bumby and I can't prank someone without distracting Yori, I had nothing to do but stare out of window as we drove from the city, to the countryside and now into the woods. But luckily the car stopped which meant that the ride was over.

Yori: Alright, everyone we're walking from here.

Me: Finally! My legs need to stretch.

Emiko: Why are you always so restless.

Me: Emi. It's me you're talking about. I love moving around and getting the chance to explore.

Yori: You haven't been down this way before?

Me: Nope! This is new territory to me.

Yori: Huh? Figured you would've been down here once you left home years ago. Well anyways, there's going to be fog up ahead, so stay close.

We then started walking through the forest as the fog started to get worse and worse. Not bad to see where we're going though as it was just hard to see within 20 feet in front of us.

Sam: You gonna change back to your human form, Ryuu?

Me: Nah. I'm gonna stay in my fox form for awhile. It's been awhile since I've been a fox and thanks to that 13 hour flight, I can finally stretch these fox legs.

Sam: Whatever you say.

Yori: We're almost there. We should be getting out of this fog when we reach the bottom of the path.

Mitsu: Bet I can reach the bottom before you, sis!

Momo: In your dreams!

Mitsu: How about it, E? Think you can beat us down the stairs?

Momo: I dunno, Mitsu. Maybe she's still a little shook from the airport.

I look over and see Erma with a pissed off look until she looked to Emiko for confirmation.

Emiko: I don't think that's such a good idea.

Me: 'Emiko, come on let her have her fun.'

Mitsu: Aww. Need mommy's permission? That's cute.

Momo: Oh well. See you at the bottom, Cuz!

Yori: Y'know, Emi, This reminds me of the time we dealt with those hitotsume kozo when we were kids. Remember how they usually got their fun out of pranking us all the tim?

Emi: Well yeah. They thought they were untouchable. The only person who was untouchable due to their pranks, was Ryuu.

Me: Thank you for the compliment Emi.

Yori: Mhm that's right. And we sure had some fun when we eventually dunked them into the local river. But it was against our dad's wishes. (Looks at Erma) Then again, a stuck up like him was never a fan of fun. Heck, he barely let us out of our home. One thing I've learned when it come to parenting: we can only prevent nature for so long. (Gives a wink to Erma)

Me: 'Well done, Yori.'

And with that wink, Erma was off to catch up to her cousins. And to be honest, I feel like joining. The feeling of racing and the satisfaction of winning just gets my juices flowing.

Emiko: J-Just wait for us at the bottom, okay? And b-be careful and... uh..... why did you do that?

Yori: Sorry, I figured she needed to loosen up a little since we've been traveling for quite a bit. I'm sure she'll be fine and waiting when we get down there.